Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Need some advice or a point in the right direction!!

hi guys,

im new to the site and currently drive a type r fn2 civic which im getting very bored of! Il be coming up too twenty soon so my insurance goes will be dropping very nicely! i pretty much put all my money and time into my cars and a big car enthusiast (hence owning a fn2 at 19 lol) so iv been looking at a s4/ silvia s15 sort of car, tune able cheap and fun, and thats the main reason im coming to you, are the s4's fun, is the 4wd permanent? and also il be able to put some money back in the bank or towards modding if i sell the civic.

thanks guys any info or help would be much appreciated.

gazz.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    The S4 is a quick car, very quick if remapped and can be insanely quick with a few grand thrown at it. They do have permanent 4wd, have nicer interiors (most have leather, all have climate control, etc.) and better build quality than similarly priced and similarly specced car such as Scoobies and Evos and are very capable cars. But, I wouldn't say they are hugely fun cars to drive. I feel the permanent 4wd takes away some of the excitement. They are quite heavy and do suffer from understeer. Uprated rear anti-roll bars cancel some of this out, but I still find mine understeers more than i'd like. And where's the fun in understeer? lol

If you like the kick in the back of turbo power, the S4 is defo worth a look. I've had mine 5 years now, and have no plans to get rid. But for the same money, you could get something which you can chuck around a bit more, and as a 22 year old you will probably find more fun.

What is your price range? There are quite a few nice examples around for very reasonable money at the moment.
    Mo power, mo problems

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks for the quick reply. thats the problem i had in the back of my mind, being a bit boring with the 4wd system and the under steer, i really like the sound and look of these cars though but i dont know whether maybe a rwd car maybe better? i dont really want to spend more than 8k to be honest but i know you can get nice one for like 5k. insurance is the only issue, i can get it relatively cheap on a s4 but something like and m3 or scooby its a no no. iv been looking bmw's but its not an s4 lol but its rwd??

gazz.