Would like to fit an oil pressure gauge...

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
I've been thinking about boost gauges this week and apart from being able to see how things are with the turbo, I realised that a more important gauge to have would be for oil pressure (given the track record of the 1.8T)
Are there any kits available anywhere? I've briefly read about an adaptor plate between block and oil filter housing? or can you just kind of tap in somewhere?
A link to some nice white faced ones that are a good match for the dash would be nice too
Cheers in advance as always ;)

something like one of these in line with the cars current oil pressure sensor on the back of the filter attachment area, use the sender you get with the gauge and attach to the side port. job done :D

!B5ij08g!2k~$(KGrHqZ,!h!Eyrou10y,BMuD4fTniQ~~_35.JPG

Ahh cheers. That looks fairly straight forward but I don't really know what to search for, whats it called and what are the thread sizes etc or better still where can I get one from?
Thanks Rconn

Best place is probably eBay, the senders are usually a common thread (circa M8/M10) i'll have a mosey though, and see if I can spot one to suit, will drop you a link via PM...

Ok cheers! I think it needs to be M10x1.5 but not 100% on that. I'll have to admit to being a bit lazy here because I've not been and looked at the engine but is that style of adapter going to fit ok do you think?
Thanks

there should be enough clearance around the factory sender to stick one in no problem. Yeah i think its M10x1.5, so this one would work... Teepiece

t
hen just pick a guage that you like the look of.

Last edited:
the car uses M10x1.

sensors are almost always 1/8 NPT

So you need a T with M10x1 male, M10x1 female and 1/8 NPT female.

Thanks for the info lads. I've found this one... T Piece
Now on to find some gauges to suit the white clocks. So far I've found these... R-spec but I'm open to suggestions ;)

I just baught a cheap Autoguage unit from ebay for about 20quid, seems to work fine.

Its tricky getting one to match the interior properly though, having the white dials in the TQS helps, but most guages seem to have colored backlighting, rather than white backlighting like the car has.

Those 7 color R-Spec ones look like they'll do the job though.

Received the T piece today from the company in the link above. Seems well made and came next day, so can recommend if anyone else wants one (although I've not fitted it yet) Just waiting for the gauges now...

Cheers Bradderz but I've got the t piece now so I'll try that and it was alot cheaper too lol, although it remains an option if I struggle with the t piece. The gauges have turned up and look pretty good but the silver surrounds will have to go I think.
Now then, I've found the pressure sensor on the back of the oil filter housing but I've noticed what looks like a blanking plug on top of the housing. Is this a test port? If it is, then I'm thinking I could just screw the gauge sensor in there?