SELLING UP!!!

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello gents, some of you will know me some of you not as i havnt been on here as much as I used to be due to working overseas. I've just bought the car of my dreams (porsche 993 carrera s) and my lovely audi has to go. It is currently on ebay on a 3 day auction as it needs to go before monday due to drivespace etc! Not expecting to get much for it even though thousands have been spent on it (7k in reciepts alone! Lol!!)....Here is the link to it : 1998 AUDI A4 2.8 QUATTRO | eBay

Been a pleasure to post here fellas. Thanks to everyone thats helped me over the years! I should put her in storage really, but the logical plan is just to sell.

Ollie

get some more pics on the auction mate, emphasise and show off the later steering wheel and facelift lights etc. Its a very nice looking avant and to realise a decent amount you really need to get some pics up there mate. Oh and wheres the pics of the porsche??

Pics up there are fine. Had some good offers already. Get some pics up another time because I have no time! Lol!.....

GLWS mate nice knowin ya! seen the car in the flesh the paintwork well looked after im sure the buyer will be happy.
Not sure if your able to add to the title of the listing now should include AVANT and/or estate

Cheers ras. Yeah I was thinking that, but dont think it matters too much as there are 144 watchers! Lol!

Shame your selling mate, after everything you put into it, would be good if you had somewhere to hide it for a few years and keep it as a toy eh!

Sure it'll sell quickly, always looked mint!

Well I'm happy now. The price the cars at currently (ends 10.00) in the morning will cover a few odds and sods that the porsche needs + some new wheels and tyres. Going for cup 3's and uniroyal rs 2's. Got a lovely head unit to put in her and some other odds and sods I've been collecting. This is her, picking her up tomorrow probably.

photo14.jpg

photo10.jpg

P.S. Goodbye fellow four-ringed enthusiasts. For the record anyone thinking about a B6/B7 S4, I test drove one last week and they are not "fast cars". I was actually massively dissapointed (wanted an excuse for cross decking all those parts!lol!). It (both the B6 AND 7) just didn't feel fast! Nippy, yes, but "fast" no. I drove a 440bhp B5 RS4 5 weeks ago and that thing was so fast my adrenaline was pumping 5 mins after I got out of it. The only reason I didn't go for one was its too similar to my Avant in too many ways. Will be over in the 911UK forums if anyone wants to reach me. Take it easy everyone. Been a pleasure. Thanks again RAS, and Aragorn, good luck with your Landrover. Byzan thanks for your help too. And all the other bods that took the time, all the rest stay away from dodgy control arms on ebay!lmao!....

Ollie...............:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Guards red is not a good colour Aragorn, and yellow ones are actually rarer than rocking horse ****e! Lol! Never had a silver car so it will be nice!! Besides, my 21 turbo was red and i had a hotwheels when i was 4 that was yellow!!!!

Hey Ollie. Sad to see your selling up when she's looking so sweet now. But, looking at the Porsche, I can see why!

Hope Porsche owner ship is good to you! :thumbsup:

Me too geeman. Sorry mate didnt know you knocked around here more! Would have given you a shout. She needs a few minor things sorting cosmetically, but then again what 14 year old second hand car dosn't!

I haven't been here for a while, but I have an impending car 'exchange' with the M3 and an B5 S4 Avant this coming weekend, so I've come around like a bad penny!

I'll have a 911 at some point too... but even though I love the 993 and it's understated silver bodywork (my favourite colour!), it's the 964 shape that does it for me.

I bet you're really excited about it... I would be!

I am. Looking forward to taking her out at night on the b roads with the sunroof open. The sound it makes is phenominal. The 993's were the last of the aircooled porsche andsound quite different to more modern ones with water cooled engined that were designed by the accountants! Its got a new sports exhaust on her too. I'm decatting her shortly so it will sound even better (unlike my audi did with its raspy decats!), and release another 5hp. Funny thing Is i could have bought a 2001 996 with the same money i spent on the 993. Test drove one and the things have no soul. You can tell porsche were tightening there belts when it was designed. Worst part, they share the exact front end as the boxsters of the time! And i hate them!!!

thats a nice shape, 2.8Q picked up?