How much?? QTS with dead engine

I paid £600 for mine. Although its cost me a lot more than i really wanted to spend to get it running, it was probably worth £600 in parts without trying.

Considering engines can be had for <300quid if you shop around and dont mind using an AEB, £600 cant be too far off what its worth, when you consider the wheels, lights and interior bits alone will easily net you 600quid.

In all honesty, and I'm sure to the surprise of many, I don't want the Quattro as the transmission losses will slow it down far too much for my liking and I couldn't use a lot of my mods as they are FWD specific (coilovers and Milltek). As it stood last time out on track I literally pushed a Golf R32 and an S3 round the circuit, which considering it was monsoon weather showed 4x4 isn't the bee all and end all of everything.

It's just worth more to me in bits as it means I can update my own car nicely and bring in some cash to counter my spends.

Ok mate no worries drop me a txt when you find out if it matches mine lol

Ok mate no worries drop me a txt when you find out if it matches mine lol

If you get it I'd be interested in the rest bench seat as mine has a fag burn in it

In all honesty, and I'm sure to the surprise of many, I don't want the Quattro as the transmission losses will slow it down far too much for my liking and I couldn't use a lot of my mods as they are FWD specific (coilovers and Milltek). As it stood last time out on track I literally pushed a Golf R32 and an S3 round the circuit, which considering it was monsoon weather showed 4x4 isn't the bee all and end all of everything.

It's just worth more to me in bits as it means I can update my own car nicely and bring in some cash to counter my spends.
i agree iv had a few quattros
and i prefer the fwd and i can make this go round bends like any quattro i know
some drivers need the 4x4 to keep them safe

The r32 and s3 are "fake" quattro's and feel completely different to the torsen quattro of the a4...You need to take a ride in a sorted a4 quattro, that will change the way you think ! I don't know how much power you're putting at the wheels but i have a FWD a4 1.9 tdi with about 200 Bhp at the wheels and it's hopeless in the dry or wet, it will spin the wheels in any gear. I am soo disappointed with it i refuse to drive it in the wet ! Luckily i would pull the engine out of it and swap it in my a4 tdi quattro which has a 6 speed box and a sorted chassis ! Torsen quattro's are fun with 200Bhp and 400Nm of torque !

Just because you can push someone round a track means nothing about the car. Stick a pro in a transit van and he'd be stuck to your **** :p The BTCC showed what 4wd can do for you back in 1996, the A4 Quattro was so much better than everything else they banned it.

Ignoring the 4wd, Quattro's have proper rear suspension, which is imo invaluable if you push the car hard as you can optimise the setup to get exactly what you want from the geometry.

Transmission losses are more or less irrelevant, real world has nowhere near the huge differences you see on a dyno, for one simple reason, in the real world a FWD car has two undriven wheels that were never measured on the dyno as part of the loss calculations, but add a fair amount of drag (ie loss) on a real car moving along a real road.

Although granted they are a bit slower due to the fact that they're around 150kg heavier than the equivalent FWD car, but thats just an excuse to add more power ;)

I have 3 quattros, S4, S6 and A4 B6 1.8TQS and absolutely love them. Ive had all the fast 700bhp rear wheel drive stuff etc and just love the quattro system. I dont think twice about planting it on a tight roundabout, the car just goes wherever i want it to. I need headlights if they are xenons? :)

FWD is pulling the weight, 4WD is pushing the weight, it just feels better to be in the 4WD as it can put the power down better rather than spinning the front wheels occasionally but each to their own IMO

been able to donut the thing is my main reason for having a quattro lol lockable rear diff in the older stuff though ;)

anyway how much for rear hubs?