So, what you all up to? Who the hell remebers me?!

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
I'm not back, don't have an audi and am in fact getting rid of the clit (Mondeo) in favour of a 98 naked Diversion (already 2000 wobbly mile covered!). I dearly want another audi but it's unlikey to happen this side of an Alien incursion, a cure for cancer or all of us being 100% truely happy with our rides, (by that I mean cars - only so far you can really take a joke :faint:). Always nice to pay a visit though, and I do have a serious question which may actually be better suited to the diesel forum.

Anybody out there got opinions on the new 1.9tdi units compared to the 2.0 units.? It's a givin on the smoothness / power of the 2ltr but as a cheaper option the 1.9's seem to be good enough, especially if you're just sitting on a motorway for a few hours.

Anyway, happy fault codes.
DF.

I didnt know there was any new 1.9tdis?

AFAIK you've got the 2.0 TDI, which is a 16v crossflow motor with either PD or Common Rail depending on age, or the old 1.9tdi unit with VE or PD injection.

They're still fitting the 1.9 to various new cars as a budget option afaik, but its not a new engine, just the same old non-crossflow 8v unit they've used for about 30 years.