2.6 V6 fan flow rates (electric Vs Viscous)

FezzR

Reaction score
right then people, ive had me 96 2.6 V6 couple of weeks now, my main concern is fan and temps, ive heard of people having trouble with the viscous couplings detatching themselfs (obvious vasts amounts of damage)

the other thing is my temps are low for long periods, as you would expect with the fan running constantly, due to my short journeys to work, i very rarely see the temp above 60 degrees, hoping an electric fan will allow the engine to warm up quicker? (is it likely to be exactly the same because the fan has little affect as the thermostat is still closed?)

my last quible is the sound of the fan, bloomin sounds like a shogun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

has anyone converted to electric fans? is there models with the same size fan but electrically driven?

hopesomeone can offer some input /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Car should only sound noisy if the fan is stuck on... sounds like thats your prob.

Takes my 2.8 about 5mile to warm up, maybe 20-30mins to reach half way on the temp gauge...

only ever sounds like a shogun when stuck on.

Never looked into the electric fan option so cant help there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

hmmm, thats an interesting i think it may have only been like this since i changed the cambelt, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
anyone know where i may have gone wrong during the refiting of the fan?