Towing Audi A4

caminator

Reaction score
I am moving cross the country (USA) and am towing my audi behind a uhaul truck using a tow dolly. This will keep the front wheels off the road, so I don't add miles to the car. I had a couple concerns. My car is a 1998 Audi A4 2.8L.

1. Do I need to turn off the traction control system before I tow? I don't think my car is all wheel drive, it isn't a quattro.

2. Should I worry about rocks and stuff hitting my car from the tow dolly or truck?

3. Anything else I need to be aware of?

I have never towed a car before, and don't really know what to expect, so I'm trying to make sure I cover all basis before I hit the road. Thanks!

Cameron....
1. Cant see you needing to turn traction control off if your front wheels are off the road.

2. Be mindful of Mudflaps if your raising the front end - it will lower back end.

3. Can only assume that if rocks etc. are flicked up by the truck, they may head toward whatever is behind the truck - So yes be aware, but wouldn't know what to suggest other than a car cover ?

3. This may help http://www.pensketruckrental.com/personal_rental/towing/towdolly.html

Thanks for the reply. This is infact the EXACT tow dolly. I have a Penske truck and tow dolly. :)

I wonder if they offer a car cover with it...?

No Problem....
Car Cover - it's definately worth asking. If not, I'm sure a local auto store may sell them or order one for you. I guess a "one size fits all" would suffice rather a specific audi cover. Not too expensive as it's only going to be used once (maybe)

Hope u get it sorted and transport it with no problems......