S4 B6, Manual or Tip

Sulli

Reaction score
I am getting a 2003/4 Audi S4. I have heard that the auto/tip has trouble handling the power (???) from a manual owner, but I read the auto is more economical???
Which is better???
P.S. I did a search and either the search function is rubbish or no-one has asked this before (which I can't believe....)

Ive had a noggy blue B6 S4 manual saloon and it was a great car, loved it. Ive also got the A6 4.2 in tiptronic which is slightly tuned and in my opinion is a much better drive than the manual was. A quick blip of the throttle and you are at 100mph in a blink of an eye. Ive not had any trouble with my autobox at all. I am usually a manual driver myself, ive got a b5 s4 too, but just cant fault the tiptronic v8. Add some decatted straight through pipes and you'll be in heaven
:)
oh and you posted in the B5 section not the B6 :)

Last edited:
I can understand why someone might want an Auto. Perhaps you do a lot of city driving, or lazy crusing up the motorway and never really drive the car "properly". I'd never have one myself, but i do see their value in certain situations.

But the reasons for owning one are the opposite end of the spectrum to those for wanting a 360hp V8 engined saloon car.

The two just dont go together.