Scanned some codes

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
Just used a mates handheld scanner to check codes, got these;

00532 - Supply voltage B+ Signal too low
18010 - Power supply B+ Terminal 30 voltage too low

Been having issues with the battery, does this suggest anything or just that the battery has died at times?

17978 - Engine stopped by immob

The immob light flashes a lot when trying to start the car, but the code for low signal from the key never showed, so does this mean the problem lies with the reader coil on the steering column?

16538 - Oxygen Lambda Sens B2 S1 no activity

Will the de-cat affect this in anyway or is this sensor needing replaced?

17967 - Throttle body fault in basic settings

Not sure what this means really, again could it be down to the battery being flat a lot and the TB just needing reset?

18020 - Engine control module, incorrectly coded

Again unsure of this one, as far as i know the ECM is original for car, but it is chipped, maybe picking up on that somehow?

17973 - Throttle actuator, lower stop not reached

This will be whats causing the car to hold the rev slightly when i change gear etc, it refers to the actuator J338 being faulty or dirty, just another part needing changed? Anybody know where to find the J338 on the car? (2.8v6 30v)

Also got a code i couldnt find on the Ross site, maybe i just missed it, it was

16518 - ???

First time ive scanned for codes so no major drama i didnt expect really, just want to get to the bottom of power draining problem now.

Last edited:
The voltage ones are just saying the voltage has dropped too low. Either from the battery going flat, or from the voltage dropping down too much while cranking due to a weak battery.

You'll need to scan the immo unit or cluster for faults (depending on age its either in 17 or 25 iirc) to find the other half of the "engine stopped by immo" code.

B2S1 is the first lambda on bank 2, which is uneffected by a decat. Your cars unlikely to have 4 sensors anyway so it wont care about the cats.

The two throttle codes could just be the TB needed recalibrated, or it could indicate a fault in the tracks, if you've tried to recalibrate it and they wont clear.

Not a clue on the incorrectly coded one. suggests its coding doesnt match something else in the car, might be an idea to see what the coding is and what other folks with the same engine/ecu have.

No probs Scott.

Cheers Kev,

The voltage ones are just saying the voltage has dropped too low. Either from the battery going flat, or from the voltage dropping down too much while cranking due to a weak battery. As i thought, no worry there then.

You'll need to scan the immo unit or cluster for faults (depending on age its either in 17 or 25 iirc) to find the other half of the "engine stopped by immo" code. Im using a daft handheld scanner just now Kev, still no srted Vag on the laptop so can only read basic stuff just now.

B2S1 is the first lambda on bank 2, which is uneffected by a decat. Your cars unlikely to have 4 sensors anyway so it wont care about the cats. Ok, so is this worth bothering with and changing then? Car has a slight misfire at idle lately.

The two throttle codes could just be the TB needed recalibrated, or it could indicate a fault in the tracks, if you've tried to recalibrate it and they wont clear. Will do a calibration on it first, any how to's on cleaning it anywhere thou?

Not a clue on the incorrectly coded one. suggests its coding doesnt match something else in the car, might be an idea to see what the coding is and what other folks with the same engine/ecu have. Ok, will see what the deal is with the ECM part no if matches other 2.8's.

What about this J338 then, what am i looking for here?