Boot Items

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Bit of a odd request this but it should all be come clear in the next couple of weeks if it works out.

What do you fellow B5 owners feel are important tools and items to carry in your boot?
Speakers, subs and amps don't count..............Not yet any way.

Spanners, sockets and tools will be on the list but not sure what are the most common sizes for the B5s.
Any ideas?

The list at the moment is:=-
Spare bulbs for each style of bulb
Cleaning wipes
fire extinguisher
water spryer
cloths
Big hi-vis jacket
hi-vis vest

can you think of any thing else this worth carrying for holiday travel or day to day?

I carry a foil poncho thingy and a fleece. I was once stuck waiting on a motorway embankment for over 3 hours for the RAC to turn up. I was freezing! Went out the following week and bought one.

Fuses. Don't leave home without them these days. That 3+ hour wait was all because of a blown fuel pump fuse!

A 10mm 13mm and 15mm socket, intact just grab a little tool kit with sockets in but I've found that near enough every bolt on mine is either one of these sizes, oh and an 8mm

The only things in my car are the jack and an axle stand, a high vis vest, jump leads and a tow rope, plus the standard wheel brace and accessories (locking wheel nut key, puller for nut covers etc)

A bulb set might be handy (and is required for some foreign countries). Fuses themselves can be stolen from other fuseways in a pinch though. You dont typically NEED everything in there, so if stealing the heated rear screen fuse or similar gets you home then you can do without the heated screen for a bit.

Last edited:
Just the standard Audi tool kit, in the 15+ years I've had Audi's, I've only had 1 tow which was when the icm module failed.

I keep some marigolds, head torch (both for changing a tyre etc when on way to/ from work), disposable poncho, space blanket and hi vis vest, a a little orange flashing led thing for if my electrics have gone, which can sit in the rear window, and as andiv6quattro said, a few different sockets, plus fuse and bulb set. It all fits neatly by the cd changer/ around the spare wheel I find

RAC card. I can fix most things but why bother? im insured :D

kitchen sink?

first aid kit is worth keeping, to me it's tools being a first aider, but if you came to a scene of an RTA then even if you wouldn't know what to do with your bag of bits someone else might