1.9TDI (Pre facelift) Start and Dies after a second (starts maybe 4th attempt)

J

jonnycraig

Hi all,

have done a bit of research as best I can on this and a lot of answers come back to the key and trying the spare incase of a dodgy transponder. Ive not had chance to vagcom it yet to see if any codes come up as im 330 miles from home. So my question anything obvious I can check if it doesnt start at all (no flashng lights on the dash like the immob light it goes out and the alarm is def off when I open the car) and how much will it cost to get a key copied and reprogrammed.

Im based in south wales normally is there anyone with any contacts to get it done for cost (cheaply as Im mega skint!! :p)

Thanks guys

Jonny

Seriously check the main earth from the battery, it may be way off the mark but this caught me out when I was in Aberdeen. I very sheeping when the RAC dude sorted it with a 10ml spanner, some wire wool and a skoosh of wd40.

Cheers Ill give that a go as its really easy to do, Ive noticed that the immob light sometimes flashes (resulting in a non start) key out and back in, try again usually on 2nd or 3rd go it goes out and I can start the engine. Seems to be getting worse but I suppose the car is 15 years old.

Jonny

You need the coil reader wiring from dealer, it's cheap, about 15-20 quid. That will cure the key low signal code... 30 minutes to fit as well !