Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status

K04-23, Why not?

I know its said that the s3/tt turbo wont fit but why not? From what i can see its a 3 bolt flange to mate to the manifold and the same to downpipe. I can understand that you would probably need a custom downpipe as the studs will prob be in a different place but why have i never heard of it being done?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    It is totally different as the exhaust side has a 90 degree elbow of the turbo to the downpipe due to it being transverse and has 4 studs ours are longitudinal and have 3 studs .
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    Looking on ebay etc there is turbos listed as off an s3/tt but have 3 stud exhaust flanges that go straight out like the a4. Maybe they are just generic pictures.

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    Found a pic of a transverse engine with the turbo etc still fitted and it has an exhaust housing like the a4, ie inline. Not sure what turbo it is but if the exhaust is like that surely it can be done resonably easy.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    The exhaust manifold fitment lines up so the turbo is facing the wrong way. So you would need an s3 mani as well for a minimum, but that would still face the turbo towards the front of the engine.

Status
    It would be a waste of money and time you could probably do a gt28rs conversion for the price of doing a k04-23.

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    Looking at pictures of downpipes seem to confirm what im thinking. I know the k04-15 will only get about 230bhp max but the k04-23 more like 280bhp which is a decent amount. If it would bolt to the a4 manifold only needing a custom adapter to mount to the exhaust it could be viable.

2nd Gear

Status
    Just have the exhaust coming out the wing with no boxes lol drag car style

2000 A4 1.8 tqs scroll sp51, ths decat, milltek cat back with rs4 backbox, remap

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    The ones i was looking at dont have a 90 degree elbow on the exhaust side so would mount to the downpipe in the same way as the k03 on the a4.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ian52 View Post
    The ones i was looking at dont have a 90 degree elbow on the exhaust side so would mount to the downpipe in the same way as the k03 on the a4.
    Yes your correct I was thinking of the k04-001, D'OH lol
    It would be possible to not even using an adapter as your going to space the down pipe and may have to go custom, I would get the flange of the Downpipe that goes on the k04-023 and get it welded to a decat or your existing cat !!

Thinking of it though when the k04-023 Is bolted to transverse the hot side faces timing side of engine ours are facing flywheel side so in theory it would bolt up back to front on our engines, so I would strongly say no it wouldnt fit.
    Last edited by Bradderz_1988; 7th August 2011 at 13:02.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    The manifold flange is about 120degrees out.

Turbo would end up with the exhaust flange pointing straight at the side of the block if you kept the A4 manifold, and if you used the S3 manifold the turbo would be backwards with the cold side hard against the bulkhead and exhaust side pointing forward.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

Status
    Knew there would be a reason.

Neutral

Status
    DAMN was getting excited for a sec.....thought it was going to be possible!!