Frankenturbo for S4

LeeT

Reaction score
Mmm do frankenturbo offer an s4 ko4/hybrid upgrade?

yup!

Not sure if its using the similar sized compressor as the F4lh, or if its running something larger like the F23 though.

Ill look into what bhp can be had with these. Ultimately if im having to pull the engine i want 450+

They should do 500 easily i'd have thaught with the appropriate extra parts (exhaust intercoolers etc). Standard RS4 turbos will manage 500 when pushed to the limit.

I agree 500 it will do with the right bits and bobs you may just have trouble finding an rs4 to source the bits off or your going to have to get all aftermarket stuff. But it will do it either way !

They should do 500 easily i'd have thaught with the appropriate extra parts (exhaust intercoolers etc). Standard RS4 turbos will manage 500 when pushed to the limit.
Really? Didnt realise standard ko4s would see 500. May keep my eye out for a set of them then. By the way i should all being well get those roofbars off weekend after next

I agree 500 it will do with the right bits and bobs you may just have trouble finding an rs4 to source the bits off or your going to have to get all aftermarket stuff. But it will do it either way !
Ive see loads of ko4's for sale recently so should be a problem. Good luck with the build. I was going to tune a 1.8t untill this bargain s4 came up

The only part you NEED to fit them is the intake pipes, as the intake on the turbo is larger.

500 is properly wringing the neck of the RS4 K04's

But various other parts are required to get 500hp irrespective of turbo. You'll need 3" downpipes, full exhaust, sports or no cats, big frontmount, injectors, fuel pump.

The heads and inlet manifold etc start to become restrictive around there too, so if you want much more those need upgraded appropriately.

Anyways this is all a bit distracting from the original post, so i'm going to split it all out into its own thread.

Thanks for the new thread aragorn. I have full downpipes with no cats although need to check sizing. These are mated to a miltek catback. I was actually looking for rs4 intercoolers, are these no good for the 500 hp mark? Also rs4 injectors, any good or aftermarket? Lets assume 500bhp for a target figure
Im gradually collecting parts to convert to widebody and go for big power. Going to be expensive but fun.

You'll need bigger injectors for a reliable 500bhp. Spen on AudiSRS managed 499.1.bhp on stock K04's with RS4 intercoolers, but he tuned his himself because he knows what he's doing. You may struggle to find a professional tuner willing to push the tune that far, as obviously it reflects badly on them if things go wrong because of the map. Mihnea from MRC tuning managed to do 530bhp on plain K04's a while back just to see what could be done, but he did make a point of saying that there was no way the turbos would survive in that level of tune in the long run.

On AudiSRS it's worth a read of Confusionhunter's thread in the Projects and Builds forum as he managed 500+ on K04's. Most who have broken the magical 500 mark have hybrids or bigger turbos though. I personally wouldn't be aiming for 500bhp on K04's (although am currently hoping to get a fair bit closer to it than my previously acheived 415bhp with my newly refurbed K04's and water/meth injection).

Would be genuinely interested in Frankenturbos' offerings for the price though. If they don't just talk the talk, their figures are very impressive.

Thanks for that. Ill have a troll through the projects section. Mrc are only around 40 miles from me too so could be worth popping in for a chat. So if rs4 injectors aren't big enough, what should i be looking for?

RS4 injectors dont fit the S4 properly anyway.

Go for some Bosch EV14's either in 550 or 750cc variant depending on your goals.