i need some B5 info updating

A4 turbo

Reaction score
ive returned from a 2 year break update why in new member section.

looking at returning to the beastie audi after maxxing out a primera SRI been and still is a fantastic car and was and far more reliable than my aeb b5 audi a4. which leads me to this question.....

im really drawn to the later b5 with the 180bhp engine and wanted to know if they have improved the faults from the early a4 as in

boot seals
central locking pumps
center console and dash dispaly units

i need bringing upto date if you can?

also love the sound of the v6s too but bhp mods? what can you do to a v6?

with turbo it easy reamp,cat back etc but where to go with a V6?

Welcome back, surprised you had as many issues. They seem hit and miss I know a couple of people who have had issues. Done 65,000 miles in mine, several track days and it's been near as damn it spot on

i remb you :yes: and docurley i thin this same was??? my audi was the worst car ive ever had in reliablility wise power and comfot was outstanding. the list of parts replaced were stupid

it went to the scrappers with

2 month old full spax suspension, new suspension arms, window tints, black diamond pads and disk that were a month old

Christ why did you scrap it with all that on it!?

The only 180hp B5 is the 1.8T Quattro Sport. The engine is pretty much identical to the AEB, its effectively just remapped by the factory.

I've never heard of boot seal issues, and central locking pump failures do happen but are somewhat rare and typically caused by a leak causing the pump to run on.

All B5's suffer DIS issues eventually, but they can be repaired for around £150.

i tried to sell on here for months and zero intrest would you belive!! the guy at scrap yard was well excited. it was the full shockers and ,matching springs proper kit, front and rear black diamond gear, my 6 month old jetex exhaust sold for 120quid it was a joke