EM TuningBadger5
    Neutral

Status

afn looking to do a turbo upgrade help and info please

not after a ££££ insane turbo just some more umph

can sum one talk me through the differant turbos available gains rough prices etc
    and when the injectors or pump need changing for a turbo

many thanks dan

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Stock turbo(gt1749V) is good for max 150 Bhp but the EGT increase sharpish. The PD 130/140 Bhp (GT1749VA) is good for 170-180 Bhp with fueling/supporting mods. The next step is the BV43 as fitted to the 2.0 Pd Tdi 170Bhp wich is maxed out at 200-210 Bhp. Every single one will need chip tuning and extra fuel as without it's gonna be smokey. Transporter T5 0.216 nozzles will give a 20 Bhp increase on their own with better fuel economy but it will be smokey at WOT(full throttle). I have a b5 tdi wich started life as a 90 Bhp AHH engine, now running about double that ! The AHH has a 11mm pump, i fitted Bosio Race 502 nozzles(0.260), bv43 turbo and i have ported the head. Other supporting mods were rods and pistons with lowered CR, allard EGR delete, PD 130 inlet manifold and large intercooler. I also have a GTB2260Vk turbo modded to fit but it will need ditching the stock airbox and i am not preppared to do just that. The engine will go into my b5 2.5 tdi quattro wich has a 01E 6 speed gearbox and i can fit a 240mm clutch and single mass flywheel as the FWD cannot put the power down cleanly ! I have a nice reconditioned turbo for sale in the classifieds, its a GT1749 Va hybrid with the correct adapter to run on VE 90/110Bhp (AHU/AHH/AFN or AVG) engines...Check-it out if interested, the adapter on it's own is 140 quid at the dealers...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Scroll products - Scroll Products Hybrid Turbochargers: do a turbo for the diesels 1.9tdi but think it's for transverse 1.9tdi's but they may be able to help you out !
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

6th Gear

Status

This is the stock turbo as fitted to your car:

Porting the head:

Here's a little teaser, please excuse the poor quality, click on the picture:

Last edited by adamss24; 2nd August 2011 at 10:22.
    FOR SALE:
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Neutral

Status
    whats the bill on that turbo and adapter pal

Neutral

Status
    so your saying i can get 150 on my standard turbo ??/ how is this achievable

6th Gear

Status
    The turbo wont last too long at 140-150 and you'll need chip- tuning and injector nozzles at a minimum ! £300 for the turbo, cost me £485 inclusive...
    FOR SALE: