Help needed with vagcom !!

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Right I plug the USB in and it automatically installs through windows to comm port 3, so I install vagcom plug it in the car and do a comm test all says it's ok. Then I read the engine ecu to make sure it's all working fine, it is because I get my mixture code that keeps flagging up. But then I go to register through the about and it keeps coming up that vagcom has stopped working and that windows is trying to find a solution. Then closes vagcom now when I go back into it and select engine ecu it says vagcom has stopped working. And won't work at all any suggestions ?? Oh and I've just reset my laptop to narrow it down as it was loaded with crap and it still does it !!!

I need help !! Lol

If using Vista or 7 try running it as administrator. (right click the shortcut and choose "run as administrator")

I'm using vista home premium and I'm the only user on the laptop if that helps but I'll have ago at dinner. When I first tried installing the USB it asked me to insert the disc and created a rosstech USB hardware now it just comes up USB mass storage or port can't really remember.

Cheers aragorn it worked do I have to do that everytime I use it now even though I've activated it ??
And also how do I change the setting so that when I lock the car I get a sound from the battery back up sounder ??

I cant remember, just give it a try and see what happens! If it crashes without administrator, then always use administrator in future!

As for the beep, you need to open the central locking controller, look up the coding value, and add 1024, then use recode to program the new value in.

So if the existing coding is 12345, then you'd change it to 13369.

All these codes are confusing me on vagcom is there a manual/write up on how touse vagcom, so I can have a good read through so I can get my head round it and use it lol

That code worked aragorn, I've sort of Sussed measuring blocks out Gunna have a go at logging it to read the MAF values etc to see why my boost pressure is only around peak of 8/9 psi and also where do I find the oil pressure reading so when I do the turbo I can charge the turbo with oil and see that oil pressure has reached the turbo ??

Last edited:
Yeh it just takes a bit of getting used to.

Oil pressure is inside the instrument controller.

Measuring blocks group1 or 2 i think

It says Oil Pr <min, then changes to Oil Pr OK once its reached 1.5bar.