More stereo headaches. Please help!

B5QUAT

Reaction score
Fitted my Pioneer DEH 4300 head unit today. Sounds great!

However, I had to buy a PC5-90 aerial converter but I can't get it to work. The Tuner part of the head unit just doesn't work at all and I can only play CD/MP3.

The instructions that came with the PC5-90 were pretty crap. Connecting the aerial up is fine but it's the additional blue witre that's causing the problem I think. I'm not sure I connected it to the right place.

The instructions say "EITHER attach the white wire to the number 5 position in the ISO block (antena line output feed) OR connect it to the blue wire already in this position.

Thing is, there is no white wire that I can see.

The system I had was the full BOSE concert system with the big amp next to the CD multichanger in the boot, so it's like spaghetti at the headunit end. Can't work out what to do.

Can anyone give me any ideas where this blue wire on the PC5-90 goes please?

i know when i changed mine, there was a blue wire (like a flying lead) hanging off the aerial connector.
i had to connect it to the switched 12v supply from the ignition.jus join it or splice it to the main power block(cant remember what colour it was).
you may also have to reverse the switched 12v supply and permanent 12v supply after when everything else is working.
this is to keep the memory working like what radio stations you have tuned and the clock.

Will try that then and hopefully should work. Yeah I did have to reverse the connections already, because the way it plugged in originally, it wouldn't let me turn it off!

Yep, on mine I have the aerial amp blue wire connected to the switched live.
Before adding that amp I could barely get a reception when I changed to an Apline headunit

Blue wire connects to the power antenna connection on the new HU (another blue wire). Blue wire to blue wire = very confusing!