One Main beam isn't working

vdub_1985

Reaction score
Hi all new to the site I have a b5 and just done the one piece headlight conversion. All went well had the connecters for the new headlights and all the wires were the same colour so cut the old connectors off and soldered the new ones on. Only problem is that the passenger side main beam isn't working. I have swopped the bulbs over and full beam works using both bulbs so the bulb is fine, checked the fuse 5amp that is fine auto adjusts work side light works along with full beam. Also tried grounding the bulb with a separate wire still no joy. Anyone every had this problem or is there something that I could of missed. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers paul

Sounds like a connection problem, do you have any pics or wiring diagram of what you have done???

Cheers for the replies I will have to get the manual out and check that I have changed the correct fuses then, as for wiring I have just crimped and soldered the wires together. After doing alot of research in the conversion most people was saying that the easiest way is to take the old loom from the original headlights and use that. This would mean that you are using a h4 instead of h7 bulb and only one not the two so you wouldn't be getting the full benefit of the new headlights with the two bulbs. So after looking at the wires they were the same colour so crimped them together and most works just the one headlamp

Sorted it was the 10amp fuse in location 21. Thanks for the advise thought the 5 amp was for the one side and the other for the other. Feel abit of a tit now was on it all last night earthing the bulbs and all sorts lol.