Which way round does the Bosch DV fit?

mike-a

Reaction score
As title.
I'm going back to a Bosch DV from my Forge split-r but can't remember for the life of me which way round the Bosch valve goes.I've found this pic:
18t_schemat.jpg

Is that correct?

yes so vac line is on the side pointing to the o/s wing or you can reverse it so its at the tip.

So long as the "pressure" is applied to the side port you can put it whereever you like. If you put pressure in the bottom it probably wont last long.

I have my 007p fitted to the TIP with pressure applied to the bottom port (opposite the vac line) and the side port to the TIP is this correct as this is how I've seen them setup on the S3/TT's as I can't really find any pics of them fitted to any longitudinal 1.8T's ??

So long as the "pressure" is applied to the side port you can put it whereever you like. If you put pressure in the bottom it probably wont last long.

What causes it to knacker up if you do it this way? Just curious.

cant comment on a 007P

as for the 710N, its something to do with the design of the diaphram inside the valve. If you put it the "wrong way" the pressure acts on the diaphram differnetly and causes it to fail sooner.

I'll try to find the reference about it.

^ Might well be the case with the factory item. All aftermarket items (atmospheric or recirculating) are designed to work with the presssurised side to the bottom.

Cars are a funny old thing. It does actually make sense to have it the way Audi did though as the positive pressure will actually force the diaphragm shut.

Last edited: