AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

My Final Niggles 98 S4

Ok my latest niggles in my quest to put this car back to its Glory.

Rear Passenger Window does nothing, so my question is, does it have a fuse or breaker, as nothing is shown in the book (all other windows work fine)

My front bumber has the headlight cleaners in it, and there are all piped up, but i cant get them to do anything.

Rear wiper totally stutters, no smooth movement, replace or can i strip it? and it doesn't squirt water

And last but not least an oil leak that seems to be up above the filter, seems like a pipe maybe, passenger side.

Sorry to bug you all with my issues but any help is always appreciated

Tony

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Dont freak on me but the headlights washers only work when the lights are on. If you already knew this then i will not darken your door again.......

6th Gear

Status
    And it's every third spray of the windscreen jets iirc

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by symun View Post
    Dont freak on me but the headlights washers only work when the lights are on. If you already knew this then i will not darken your door again.......
    Hey no i didnt know that, now am gonna have to go out put on the light and squirt 3 times lol

Ok then so any info for the window please

6th Gear

Status
    The headlight washers spray every time when the lights are on. Probably air trapped in the system. I just refit my front bumper last weekend. Took about 30+ squirts of the wsher fluid before the air was forced out of the pipes and the headlight washers started spraying again.

Oil leak above the filler could be from the oil pressure sender. Alternatively, it could be the same issue I had, the upper sump gasket having gone. Here are some pics I took of mine:

The white thing is the oil pressure sender. Easy enough to replace from underneath the car. You can see on the photo where my seal had gone between the upper and lower sump (the stringy ****). As you can see... it was an oily mess!

Then the fun began:

Sorted!
    Mo power, mo problems

1st Gear

Status
    will i have to take off the bumper to get to the sender? only seems the bumper gets in the way all the time i want to do any jobs on the car lol

6th Gear

Status
    Nope, sender is directly above the oil drain plug. See photo above.
    Mo power, mo problems

Midlands regional Moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybolony View Post
    Rear Passenger Window does nothing, so my question is, does it have a fuse or breaker, as nothing is shown in the book (all other windows work fine)
    System uses self resetting breakers, suspect either motor/switch has had it or there is a wiring fault.

Rear wiper totally stutters, no smooth movement, replace or can i strip it? and it doesn't squirt waterthe motor can corrode, especially if the washer jet is faulty. Take the washer cover off, and the jet will just pull out, then put it in some carb cleaner and attack it with a small pin to clear it. As for the motor, you may find the wiper spindle has worn smooth. remove the arm and check that first before doing anything major.
    Hope this helps
    Currently rolling in a SKODA!!!

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    The spindle for the jet siezes inside the motor, and then snaps when the motor sweeps. This then deposits all the water inside the motor casing when you attempt to spray, and corrodes all the guts.

I just fitted another motor, they're about 40quid new from the likes of GSF.

Also, there are a few joints in the washer feed to the rear of the car, one in the passenger footwell behind the trim, and one in the boot, near/above the central locking pump in the right hand cubby hole. One or both of these might have come apart as they dont clip together very strongly.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

1st Gear

Status
    awesome, again thanks for the info will give it a look over , love this forum!!