Cam Chain Tensioner

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Evenin'
And so the next (probably long winded) saga begins...
I want to replace the chain tensioner on my AJL. I've rang ecp and they quote £134 :ohmy: Called all german parts and they quoted £95 +vat also £16 for cam cover gasket

Does anyone know of better prices to save me more phone calls over next couple of days?
Cheers

I don't think you will get one any cheaper than the german Allparts quote TBH they are very pricey I priced one up (when I thought it was the chain that was rattling) from Audi and iirc it was around 175 quid just for the tensioner.

Why you replacing ??

Replacing because it's getting very slowly noisier. Cheers bradderz. I'll try gsf and Audi (just fer the laugh) if no one has any info here. I'd previously been led to believe they were about £60?
Out of interest has anyone else been getting daft quotes off ecp lately?

You 100% it the tensioner ? Does it do it after you rev it when the revs are returning to idle as I thought it was the cam tensioner and believe it or not it's the wastegate penny valve on the flapper flapping around but the noise seemed to be the tensioner as the noise from the turbo was travelling round the back of engine and bulkhead. Would be worth getting a stethoscope or extension bar (same principle and put your ear to it), on the turbo housing (hot side) and see if the noise your hearing becomes clear as day. Just a suggestion.