EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Question OBD and non OBD Cat converters 2.4 v6

Hello everyone, got a quick question that i hope you can help me with.

My 1998 2.4 v6 Avant needs both Cat converters replacing and one has broke up and the other one is blowing pretty bad from a previous owners attempt at "de-cat" one.

anyway, been looking round on the net for prices of the Cats and what keeps coming up is Not OBD and OBD cats! how do i work out which ones i have on my car??????

joel

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    It will have lambda/02 sensors on the cats if it's OBD !
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

2nd Gear

Status
    I had exactly the same question Non obd cat
    Hope this helps mate

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh yeah and don't buy cheap of the net I done that with one of mine I brought one from a motor factors for about 165 quid and that was fine and I brought one a week later for 90 quid of the net. It was s**t it came in 3 bits i didn't fit properly it still blows a little bit now and it sounds really raspy, pay the extra an go to a motor factors mate

Reverse Gear

Status
    kool, cheers for the replys. i did think it would be somthing to do with the lambda sensors.
    and thanks for the link as well, i did do a search before posting the topic but nothing came up :S

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah I always try the search but noting ever comes up then a few months down the line they turn up, glad to help mate, good luck

Midlands regional Moderator

Status
    Think that actually: OBD compliant cats have 2 lambda (one upstream/precat, and one downstream/post cat) to monitor cat efficiency, whereas Non OBD only have the one to monitor the fuelling.

Currently rolling in a SKODA!!!

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    As rconn says really OBD will be 2 sensors non OBD will be one, didn't really describe my last post well enough for you Sorry.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build