VCDS brought up some DTC's.....

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Scanned the car today briefly with VCDS Lite, but I think my KKL lead is goosed. Been tempramental for some time now.

Anyway the codes are:

16518 P0134: O2 Sensor Circ.,Bank1-Sensor1 No Activity Detected
16538 P0154: O2 Sensor Circ.,Bank2-Sensor1 No Activity Detected
17967 P1559: Idle Speed Contr.Throttle Pos. Adaptation Malfunction
17973 P1565: Idle Speed Control Throttle Position lower limit not attained

So the dose of Cataclean only works for 2.5k miles!

So I need to replace both Lambdas.

How to solve the other two?

Some of you may remember, a short while ago, I posted about poor MPG. It was around the 25 mark. Now, the car will do an average of 30.9MPG (according to the DIS) on a journey to and from work. Would this improvement be of any effect from the lambda's failing?

DAn

Last edited:
Clear them and see if they return?

The throttle ones are probably a result of the tracks on the PCB becoming dirty.

You might get away with just removing and cleaning them.

I have cleared them. Tried to re-scan but laptop and data cable has given up.

Anyone near York area got VCDS / Vag-com to check my car over again please within the next weeks or so?

Cheers,

Dan

Scarborough if you fancy a trip to the coast? I've VCDS lite and (say it quietly) an older cracked version (311.2-n I think)

Yeah, could be an idea. Drop wife n son off at the sea front...while we find a pub car park? :beerchug:

Gotta pay you for scanning car! lol

Dan

Bought an eBay special obd lead yesterday at 15:45pm. At 09:35 this morning it arrived!! Now thats service for £7.89!!

Anyway, it installed a treat on windows 7 with vcds lite.

Re-scanned the car and only two codes came back on which were the throttle ones. Lambda's has stayed off for now?

Can I do the throttle adaption on my car does anyone know??

Dan