hid upgrade problem

mad cornish pastie

Audi novice handle with care
Reaction score
i have put a hid kit in, but the beam only goes about 4 to 5 feet but the full beam is fine, so i'm thinking if i raise the headlights that'll throw the full beam out, any help appreciated

yes they are..
iv'e searched on here but can't find anything, apart from warning lights which i'm not getting

Well first of i'd be checking the bulbs are installed properly, are the correct H7 fitment, and are properly seating into the bulb holder.

If the lights were fine before, they should still be fine now.

yeah they sit in the bulb holders perfectly, the beam pattern is as it should be, but way to low...

Are your headlights standard reflector lenses or projector lenses?

I found that using HID in standard lenses the beam was always low until I had adjusted the headlight.

Are your headlights standard reflector lenses or projector lenses?

I found that using HID in standard lenses the beam was always low until I had adjusted the headlight.

i assumed they were projectors but not sure now how do i tell? i have facelift lenses

If they're facelift lights they are projector for Dip and reflector for main. Typically you'd only fit the HID kit to the dip anyway, so the main beam should operate as normal, as its still on its original bulb.

TBH thats a perfect example of why these kits are so shonky. The projector is designed around a particular light source, and the light sources are standardised. IE every H7 lamp will have the same geometry, as will every D2S burner.

Clearly if your converting a H7 projector to HID you need the HID "bulb" to be geometrically similar to a H7, and presumably the muppets that made your kit havent done that.

I'd suggest trying to find a different set of bulbs.

Reactions: S4_dan
If they're facelift lights they are projector for Dip and reflector for main. Typically you'd only fit the HID kit to the dip anyway, so the main beam should operate as normal, as its still on its original bulb.

TBH thats a perfect example of why these kits are so shonky. The projector is designed around a particular light source, and the light sources are standardised. IE every H7 lamp will have the same geometry, as will every D2S burner.

Clearly if your converting a H7 projector to HID you need the HID "bulb" to be geometrically similar to a H7, and presumably the muppets that made your kit havent done that.

I'd suggest trying to find a different set of bulbs.

many thanks for youre input and it would sound about right what you have said. i'll contact the seller and expain this to them and see what they have to say for themselfs....