Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: That bigger oil filter...

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    maybe i just remembered wrongly!

Wonder if it would clear the boost pipework on an S4 though?

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    I'd say probably not. My filter is only narrowly off the air con pipes. Unless the air con pipes are routed differently on the S4?
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.

FOR SALE - Eibach Pro Sport springs for a 2.5 V6 B6/7 PM ME.

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    Saw this thread the other day but forgot to post.

Is the bigger oil filter the same case with the 8L A3's? As I nipped into today and asked at Warrington and they mentioned the following part number... 068 115 561F ...and price was £11 - any idea aragon?
    Kristian
    No longer an Audi driver...

1st Gear

Status
    Isn't the A3 transverse and therefore has a larger sump/oil capacity? I think the main point of the larger filters on the A4 is to increase capacity and avoid cooking the oil with the turbo too much.
    96 A4 Avant 1.8T sport
    Things to do:
    Sell it :-(

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Saw this thread the other day but forgot to post.

Is the bigger oil filter the same case with the 8L A3's? As I nipped into today and asked at Warrington and they mentioned the following part number... 068 115 561F ...and price was £11 - any idea aragon?
    £11.86 inc vat yeah. But yes the optional filters will fit on transverse 1.8T`s. Looking on ETKA the optional large filters were listed for the likes of AGU and AUM and so on.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

BÜBENGRÖPEN

Status
    Aye my engine is AUM. Cheers for info
    Kristian
    No longer an Audi driver...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi ,

Been watching this and would like to add something for the people who have a 1.8t with transverse engine in case they don t like the way the bigger filter fits...I had the B version on my toledo 1.8t auq and it fits no problem but I had to put some cardboard to protect the lower radiator hose from the oil filter..and I researched the net further to find a oil filter with the same specs as the stadard one(mann w719/30 aka 06A 115 561 B) and I found one.. same thickness but longer...have it on my car and has the same bypass setting ..its a mann w730/1 or the mahle oc221 .

The only difference is the length...stock one is around 120mm long and w730/1 is 170mm long and there is no need for me to put anything to protect the coolant hose .

As for the bigger thicker one I am also going to try the mann equivalent of mahle oc470/068 115 561 F wich is W 940/66 ...and since its used in the latest 1.8t cars like seat exeo I guess it superceeds the w940/25 aka 068 115 561 B .

P.s Not sure if its just me but I have the feeling that my car has more torque at low revs with the bigger oil filter ?!

I thought I d share this

1st Gear

Status

thread ressurection ..

Not too sure about some of your Mann references there....

However, using dimentions from the MANN catalogue the difference in volume from W719/30 to W940/66 calculates out at 54%.

I am assuming [in this non dissected calculation] that the INTERNAL VOLUMES may very well change in direct proportion from smaller to larger filter, it is obviously of benefit to upsize away from the stupidly small "stock" referenced filter that you may be sourced at motor factors....

I removed my transporter filter last week as I didn't like the way it was impinging on the power steering hose BTW.
    Last edited by mojocvh; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:27.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Read this whole thread then looked at the date.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fullpower View Post
    Read this whole thread then looked at the date.
    Why??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12