Boost Problems on TDI (90)

GhostWKD

Reaction score
Hi All,

Got a weird problem with my A4 - sometimes it wont boost at all and if you keep your foot to the floor it'll reach about 2,4k-2,7k rpm and then suddenly surge forward as the turbo kicks in.

Been told its probably my EGR valve which would be fine however my EGR is blanked off currently - not sure if a MAF would cause these sorts of problems?

Cheers,
Alex

Sorted I think... unplugged maf and it boosts fine (still feels sluggish, but then probably is performing normally still heh) - will try get a price on a genuine bosch maf to replace it and see how I get on :)

Not having worked on a 90 bhp (and knowing the differences) i'd assume the same type of problems as the 110.
Start with thhe easy stuff, take off the inlet maniifold and clean all the gunk out.
Then replace all the vacuum pipes before assuming the problem is any more complicated/expensive to fix.
Once you have a base sorted re air in you can work off that.
Also club tdi has a wealth of technical info

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Let me know how much GSF charge. I can get a genuine one for 72 inc vat. Just need old one back

Changed the maf now for £60 inc vat from gsf... Got a surcharge on it though so need to give them my knackered bosch one :( heh

Made a massive change to the pace of the car, its alot more like my old Bora was now - I'd even go as far to say its faster than it was before these problems even when it had the tuning box on it (currently off atm, might leave it off and sell it on as not sure i need it now)