help :(

tangerinedream

Reaction score
hi all, ive just had my head gasket done! dont ask missis drove it and dropped all coolant not good,
ive just got car back after head been skimmed new gasket set etc etc...
also replaced all hydraulic lifters making her nice and quiet

the engine runs great until you try to dab the throttle.
its hard to explain but theres no throttle response. i say none it does but not smooth.
when driving the boost gauge still reads up to 18 psi( car is maped) but just doesnt feel as quick as it was
usually when the turbo kicked in it pulled now it picks up but with no kick :(

i know this could be anything vaccuum leak air mass ...........

if the vaccuum gauge still peaks at 18 or so surely the turbo cant be to blame???? can it :/

any input into this would be most appriciated
chap that done head is obviously going to have a look see if any codes come up or leak test but before then im panicing. ive just spent 600 and dont want to explain to the missis that may need to spend more especially turbo. thank god i work for euro car parts or this car would be written off 3 times already lol

thanks all:faint:

think ive sussed it, i took air mass out to check today and when took heat shield off i noticed the mechanic had used a bung on the servo hose and had forgotten to reconnect after , i love it when it turns out to be something simple :)

right been driving for few days now and is definaly better but still not her old self, does anyone know what the compression should be ( aragon im guessing your utimate wisdom may know lol) gunna check everything this thursday so would like to know what they should be

many thanks

i'd guess at somewhere between 150 and 200, not really sure but they should all be pretty even, if three are at 180 and ones at 150 theres a problem!