S4 ABS pump differences

LeeT

Reaction score
Right i still havent managed to get my VCDS working so am just looking at the possible causes of the fault lights. My main ones i have on the dash are ABS with the bright RED light and 3 beeps as soon as i turn the ignition on. From doing a bit of research it seems that the ABS pump is a common fault. I actually have a receipt for £350 where it was reconditioned 3 years ago. After furter investigation, 2 of the 3 ABS fuses have been removed from my fusebox :( My ABS pump is part number 8E0 614 111A but i have found one from a V6 of the same year for cheap but it has an extra letter at the end of the part number 8E0 614 111AB
Will this fit?
Why would the previous owner have removed the 2 fuses?

My other main faultlight is the airbag but again after reading on here, its more than likely a dodgy underseat connection

I replied over on SRS. AB is a FWD pump. You need A or E.

Stick the fuses back in and see what happens. Could just be a broken ring.

I replied over on SRS. AB is a FWD pump. You need A or E.

Stick the fuses back in and see what happens. Could just be a broken ring.
Nice one mate, whats the difference between an E and an A then? I'll see if i can pick some fuses up whilst im at Audi tomorrow picking up my cam cover gaskets. Would the broken ring cause the 3 beeps on ignition? Im pretty stuck untill i get the VCDS working i think but i really want to get these lights put out

three beeps immediately means the ABS system isnt responding (presumbly because it has no power)

Broken ring can cause the ABS to kick in all the time when braking, hence removing the fuse to stop it.

three beeps immediately means the ABS system isnt responding (presumbly because it has no power)

Broken ring can cause the ABS to kick in all the time when braking, hence removing the fuse to stop it.
AH right, got ya. Could i check for a broken ring visually or do i have to get my VCDS working to identify which one is knackered

If it's no power then it's quite often an abs ecu problem seen adverts on eBay to repair this for £100 as that's what mines doing

If it's no power then it's quite often an abs ecu problem seen adverts on eBay to repair this for £100 as that's what mines doing
what Aragorn meant by no power was that the previous owner has removed two of the 3 ABS fuses. I'd be happy as a pig in ++++ if all it is, is an ABS sensor/ring. Isnt the ECU part of the pump? i know where you can get a FWD pump for a tenner. Worth a shot for that money

Mines a Quattro and the ecu just bolts to the side of the pump, apparently thet are prone to two if the joints on the circuit board giving up, when I plug ig in I get signal intermitant on
The scan but can't remember the code off hand

Mines a Quattro and the ecu just bolts to the side of the pump, apparently thet are prone to two if the joints on the circuit board giving up, when I plug ig in I get signal intermitant on
The scan but can't remember the code off hand
there is so called "how to" repair manuals on ebay, surely it cant be too difficult to repair PCB tracks?

Would rather not risk it as its apparantly easy to ruin one and £100 isn't the end of the world for a fix