what is ur idle rpm

teo420

Reaction score
my car idles at 1000 RPM

seems a bit to high most cars idle around 750-800
how can I adjust this rpm
maybe use VAGcom?

iirc mine idles at 850.

Its not adjustable afaik. You might find theres a fault code stored for something?

Is there not a clip on the acc cable on the manifold that adjusts the cable travel you mace have it adjusted wrong ??? Just a thought.

Teo's car is a DBW, so no cable. it CAN be adjusted: (see below) but i'd persue othe lines first, like DTC or other faults before tweaking the idle speed.

Idle Speed Adaptation:With engine warmed up, at idle:

[Select]
[01 engine]
[Adaptation - 10]

Enter channel 01
Enter an adaptation value between 124 and 132
[Save]

(May require a Login of 01283 or 11463, depending on year or model)

TBH its far more likely that the ECU is keeping the idle high for a reason.

Try doing a throttle body alignment and see if that helps.

its acting up today I had it through the MOT at work and noticed that the idle was down to about 850-900 but then later when leaving work it was still at 1000
and the RPM needle moves very very little goes up and down only 1mm
the engine doesnt seem to have any effect from that movement as I dont hear it revving up and down
maybe I caused all this because when doing the engine swap last week I swapped the throttle body as well and had it cleaned real good i played with it alot to make it shiny maybe I fuked it up

btw it failed the MOT
front anti roll bar drop links need new bushings
front headlights need to be fixed right

already got the parts just need time to fit them
also doing rear wheel bearings how hard are those to get out are they pressed in the hub assembly ???

Last edited:
maybe I caused all this because when doing the engine swap last week I swapped the throttle body as well and had it cleaned real good i played with it alot to make it shiny maybe I fuked it up

Quite possibly. You really need to do a throttle body alignment on vagcom. that may sort it. or it may be pulling too much air in (ie: a leak in a vac line or other hose)