Boost hose clamp diameter ?

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Right the Frankenturbo order has finally been placed :) and I also want some new hose clamps aswel but what diameter clamps do I need ?

Also can i definitely run the FT on the stock ecu without having any problems/issues ?

Thanks

Anyone no the clamp diameter as I want to get them ordered for saturday as I've got a few bits n bobs I need to do on the car ??

The clamps on the lower steel pipe and the turbo are "40-60x9"
The two clamps on the OEM intercooler are "50-70x9"
The clamp on the TB is "60-80x9"

Cheers for the info aragorn. Just about to order them and I haven't a clue as the above are jubilee dimensions if I'm correct and I'm after mikalor T bolt clamps heres my choices how many of which do I need to replace the 6 clamps you mentioned ?

*** 1.75inch */* 47 to 55mm

*** 2inch */* 54 to 62mm

*** 2.25inch */* 60 to 68mm

*** 2.5inch */* 67 to 75mm

*** 2.75inch */* 73 to 81mm

*** 3inch */* 79 to 87mm

*** 3.25inch / 86 to 94mm

*** 3.5inch / 92 to 100mm

*** 4.0inch / 105 to 113mm

Keep us informed on this kit as it looks good and let us know how much it was including the shipping and import duties etc

Will do jamie the kit breaks down as follows -

F4L F4L hybrid turbocharger kit for longitudinal 1.8T
[3" MAF housing:Not needed]
[Adapter gasket for OEM 2.75" MAF:Yes]
[Diverter Valve:No]
[In-line Fuel Pump w/ hose fittings:I'm thinking no] 1 $1,059.00 $1,059.00
* Subtotal: $1,059.00
* Tax: $0.00
* Shipping Cost: $150.00
* Grand Total: $1,209.00

Converted by paypal was £771 and some pence havent a clue about import duties as yet but hoping there isn't any !!
Also got a free t-shirt and I asked about a window sticker but they said they do badges instead so doug said they will make sure they include one :) !!

I think yes but not sure I should see around the same power i think on the stock ecu maybe a tad more because of the decat until i sort out the injectors, MAF, FMIC and a remap, but should spool quicker and hold peak boost longer but it's my first turbo car and my first go at tuning something so I'm no master of performance just going with it and hoping the outcome will be worth it !!

You'll almost certainly get hit with VAT at 20% and a little import duty on top assuming the customs declaration was completed correctly.

MAF will start becoming restrictive at some point above around 220hp i'd recon. You'll absolutely need a 3" housing to get the most from an FT.