what turbo?

20va4

Reaction score
hi i got a 1996 a4 20v turbo (AEB) what turbo should be on it and whats a good upgrade where would it say on the turbo what it is

If its original it will be a K03-005.

Before deciding whats a "good upgrade" you need to decide what you want from the car.

wicked cheers im looking around about 180-190 bhp not sure what other mods need to be done to get to that

You'll need to remove your ecu and have a chip fitted rather that a remap as the early AEB cars can't be remapped via the com port like later cars.I've been quoted £250 to have mine done with a generic map not a custom job.

Out of interest is it much of a job to switch the ecu and harness for a later one. Mines a 1997 aeb but with the mods I have/planned I'd want it mapped properly.

Out of interest is it much of a job to switch the ecu and harness for a later one. Mines a 1997 aeb but with the mods I have/planned I'd want it mapped properly.

Aragon on here has a later ECU and harness for sale for £50 iirc. Should be a fairly straight forward diy job to change it all over

might be a silly question but can i put a 180 bhp ecu and barrel/key ect in to my car

Not without changing the harness.

plus AJL's are pretty rare so it'll likely be easier just remapping/chipping your existing ECU than trying to find a 180hp ECU from an AJL.

I do have a harness and ECU available, and it should more or less plug in.