Boost on a 99' 1.8T quattro sport ??

im back still with this problem and im seeing around 6 psi in 1st, 8psi in 2nd 3rd and in higher gears seeing 9-10psi ive done some searching on the net and seen that i need to be checking crankcase ventilation pipes aswel ??? is this correct ???

Thats almost there, its a minimum of 3rd that's required to sufficiently load the car as boost is load related. What airflow are you seeing?

Don't no as I don't have vagcom it's just feels as though it's revving for ages with no real pull, I saw it shoot to 10 psi in 1st when I removed the splitter and it pulled like hell then and felt as it should it's just not driving right sounds as though the Turbo maybe overworking aswel ? And I can take say 4 secs to go from 6 up to 10 in higher gears !

I found a leak today but still doesn't seam to be right the vac line to the 007p was moving on the nipple at the manifold hence why I was seeing 2psi and then sometimes 6psi as the boost was pushing the pipe but not going past the Zip tie. Now when i do a pull in 3rd gear it goes to 10psi drops off but it just seams as the revs aren't really moving and the boost is coming in and out by 1 or 2psi and you can feel the boost holding back a bit?? I have recently just done the N75 mod to my original one (but have a brand new one which I may put back on) and I also have the rattley wastegate problem till my FT arrives.

Any suggestions ?
And don't have vagcom as off yet !

I guess I'll have to wait till I get vagcom at end of the month then. Will post some logs up when I figure out how to do it Lol

Hey Brad.

Now I don't know loads like the gurus on here but I have learnt a bit since being here.

It's my first turbo car so didn't quite know how they worked until I read lots on here.

My car run like a bag of siht (1.8t a3 quattro) when I first got it. It wouldn't hold boost and when it did it was jerky it and would just dump boost then start boosting again randomly. So got a mate to scan it... I got check maf fault codes and check secondary air intake fault codes.

So started buying new parts to rule stuff out in this order...

Got a new forge 007p (original was a standard one) still ran like siht.

Next was the maf (a proper Bosch one) and it made a massive difference, ran smoother, better mpg but it was still not quite right with the boost but better. So got mate to scan again and no fault from the maf came up so that was a relief to know the maf was working as it should being a new one.

So was advised to get a smoke test done to check for boost leaks as I had already checked the pipes myself and couldn't see any split pipes.

I took it to R-tech and did the smoke test, the pipes under the inlet manifold where leaking. I was then advised to get the Oil Catch Can mod done to get rid of all the crappy little pipes that leak over time.

The oil catch can mod is great because you get rid of a load of pipes and end up with 3 pipes so much easier to detect any future boost leaks. Also my intercooler pipes where loose so was leaking there too.

Anyway after all this the car is running sweet, holding boost and just awesome to drive now.

With all that said my advise (take it or leave it) is get a new maf (bosch one not a cheap one) if you don't know how old the one you have on now is, cause if it's old it's probably temperamental or ****** then get a smoke test done to rule out boost leaks.

If it still plays up after this then I dunno lol.

Right I'm going to do a log on the car by the end of the week, I'm I right in saying do a 3rd gear pull from say 30mph right up until it hits the limiter ? Also I've noticed that when it hits 9-10 psi in high gears the boost drops of fairly quickly to say 6-7 psi and i remember that when I saw 10-12 psi in 1st I also checked the wastegate with a mity vac could this be the problem ? And I'm I right in saying do a log on channels 02, 07 and 25 ??? Need it sorting before end of month when I fit the FT !

Alright mate, sorry to dig up an old post but I came across the thread when I Googled my issue which is similar to yours. Did you find the problem?

My car, which is a 2000 tqs, boosts 9-10psi fine but from 5k rpm to red line drops off to 5psi.

Mine would hold boost all the time just lack of psi, have you checked DV and pipework ??

I haven't leak checked it but have checked all the jubilee clips and they seem fine. It does have a turbosmart adjustable atmospheric/recirc valve which I have my suspicions on but reading through your post and wondered what your cause was see if they're was a simple solution before I go buying new recirc valve