Audi a4 year 2000 Immo2 login code not working ?

adamss24

Reaction score
As per title, i have a b5 audi a4 wich i bought as spares or repair and i have misplaced the working key. I have another key cut wich was given to me as a spare and i am trying to match it to the Immo2. The immo is a poxy Magneti Marrelli half FIS. I managed to read the pin number with Vagtacho but it wont program the key either with vagtacho or VCDS. The immo2 just drops the comunications and says FAIL in the trip display. Anyone has any ideea ? I have tried adding 0 in front of the pin (as per VCDS instructions) and even tried to re-program the odometer (just to make shure the tool works properly!) and still no luck... Any suggestions ?

Is it a digital clock? If so its immo3 not 2.

Is it a genuine Vagtacho or an ebay clone? Which software revision?

Hi, according to the ross tech viki it's a immo2 (judging by id number) however it has digital clocks (wich is correct for immo3) and the 3rd party software is version 3.1. I can adjust the mileage in the cluster no problem but it wont accept the login code wich vagtacho retrieves from the immo. The 3rd party tool connects fine with the dash just it does not let me addapt the keys in adaptation channel 21... Thanks for help !
Chris.

I recoded my IMMO3 VDO cluster just the other day after breaking the immo transponder, using a chinese cable and version 2.5 and it worked just fine. I can only imagine its something odd with the particular cluster you have.

I read something somewhere about putting the number in backwards, perhaps give that a try?

^^^ Thanks for help mate, unfortunately i tried every permutation of the login code and it still came back at me with fail message on the dash cluster ! I have managed to find the good working key though and i started the engine yesterday. All i can say it's that i'm impressed ! Hybrid VNT17 turbo, race 520 nozzles, 11mm pump adjusted to suit (hammer mod to 5-6mg of fuel per stroke), ported head, pd lifters, pd150 head bolts, lowered compression ratio, etc. I can slip the clutch easily in 3rd or 4th with just light throttle...all this and the ecu is still running the 90 bhp tune with just a light haze at WOT ! I have a socketed AFN ecu with 170Bhp map on it but its the early ECU, this a4 has the later style ECU flashable trough OBD port... I will use the engine in my a4 avant quattro as soon as i will find a decent clutch and flywheel to handle the torque. Next is a GTB2260Vk turbo with adaptor plates from Ryan at Darkside Motorsport and a bespoke custom remap ! I still have the Rosten rods and 2.0 Tdi oversize pistons to fit and also a pd130 intake with Allard egr delete pipe/boost gauge then it will go into my allroad ! Man this car can give me a wiplash now, i reckon easy 160-170 Bhp with even more potential ! The car weighs 1340kg and it can embarass a propper sports car ! I got it from felow forum member folowing a engine runaway due to turbo failure (shaft snapped in 2 pieces and it sucked the oil in) wich resulted in 2 bent rods. Funy though the engine would run allbeit a little lumpy ! I feel sorry i did not fit the rosten rods and machined the block whilst at it but i did not find much info on the AHH engine code. At first i wanted to work a AFN engine as its proven and strong enough. There are differences though: the AHH pistons have extra oil channels to cool the pistons and the way the alloy sump bolts to the engine and gearbox makes for a very stiff combo. The AFN would need a block girdle to get it as stiff ! The AHH is one weird little engine, it has 90 Bhp as standard, a 11mm pump and really tiny injector nozzles + a VNT 17 turbocharger and it uses a wider cambelt compared to the AFN engine. All this for emission purposes. I will look for a 12mm head for even more fuel when the GTB2260vk goes in !

Last edited: