Drivers Seat "wing" Flat As A Pancake!!!

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello Gents. The bottom right hand bolster (the bit that sits next to, and has contact with your right upper thigh) has gradually over time become flatter and flatter, and well, it might as well not be there anymore!lol! Has anyone got a guide (DIY) for stripping the leather off and replacing this bolster? I'm ordering one, but think I have to buy the whole foam base, from Audi soon. Silly price probably! Cheers fellas....

Ollie

The bolster has a simple metal frame inside it which can bend and sometimes snap.

If its just bent then you can pull it back up into shape if you really yank at it, if its snapped your going to need to strip the seat down and weld it back on.

As for how the material comes off, i really have no clue!

Mine is going the same way.
I've bent mine back in to shape but all foam has gone and the metal is tarting to wear away the leather now. :(

If you get a price f rom Audi please let me know as its something I might have to do.

You might find this interesting.
AudiWorld Tech Articles

Tried 100's of times to bend it back into shape. I can feel something like 2 seperate bits of thin metal grinding so I guess thats it! Need to strip it out and weld it! Do you know if audi sell the frames or are they part of the seat? Has anyone got a guide on how to strip the rascal?

I was looking a seat base for my B5 and Audi prices are almost £100 there is a sports seat base on ebay at the moment, sorry don't know the item number but it was cheap.

IIRC my S3 8L seat covers had plastic strips sewn into the edges & these are folded over & fitted into metal channels or clip over metal strips of the chassis to hold them in place by way of tension, then the seat base part has plastic, how can I call them, locators sewn into them that push through the foam etc & expand the other side to hold it tight against the foam inserts, if that makes any sense at all lol, remove seat, turn upside down & may require a few trims removed 1st, I know my 8L S3 was fun, but not hard to strip.

Had the unfortunate dealings with Guildofrd audi some 10 years ago almost, apart from being completely useless, they fudged my seat up & I had to go get the seat, the tools from them & fix it myself, a joke to say the least, they also scratched the poxy leather aswell, arrgghhh.