Key swap

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the internals from my original key will swap into a newer flip type key and still work fine?

This is the style of key i have now 2 Button Audi A4 A6 A8 remote key fob on eBay (end time 07-Jun-11 20:34:36 BST)

This is the newer flip type but its a case an blank blade AUDI A4 A6 A8 2 BUTTON REMOTE FLIP KEY CASE FOB SHELL on eBay (end time 24-Jun-11 14:19:08 BST)

I know the blade will need cut, wheres best for this??? But i want to know if my internals will work with the button layout of the newer type to save hassle of re-coding etc a full new key???

does the remote unclip from the rest of the key?

If so, buy a flip front on ebay (they're about 6 quid) and have the blade cut, then transfer your immo transponder over

If it doesnt then i'd just get it coded as a second key.

Out of interest, where is the transponder pip located? I take it that it's in the front part of the key but I've tried before and can't get it apart

yeh you remove the screw under the audi badge and the front half comes apart. chip is a little glass thing in one corner.

I broke mine yesterday trying to remove it and fit it to a new housing :(

I broke the immo transponder, dont think you've got a spare one of those :p

Ordered two new ones on ebay, and i'll have to code them in with vagtacho.

aragorn said:
yeah you remove the screw under the audi badge and the front half comes apart
Ahh cheers! I never realised there was a screw under there. Thanks

Just following on from your topic foxmeister, hope you get sorted, just wanted to add a further question.

I have a 2 button flip remote but the remote is badly worn. Can the key itself be swapped over with the inners to a new one like the eBay link you posted or does a new key have to be cut with then the inners swapped?

Cheers

I havent got my car to check my remote, will get it back tomorrow. Prob just buy the new remote and have a bash, feck it!

if button worn you can buy a new rubber one for 2pound del on ebay