A4 TQS Non runner. Please advise.

deejay

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got major issues with my car, It started with the turbo siezing up but now after being parked up it's turned into a REAL headache...

When you start the car NONE of the dash works, needles, central display, backlighting, nothing. Then after about 2-3 seconds the engine just cuts out.

I borrowed the scanner from work to try but it won't communicate with the ecu at all, and yes i've tried Vagcom too.

I need to sell the car but as it won't run it's dead on my drive... :uhm:

HELP!?

Where abouts are you ? Any pictures of the car and how much yo after ? Send me a pm so we don't upset the mod's ! Regards, Chris-07789912128.

The engine immobiliser is in the dash cluster, so it makes sense that the car would cut out if the dash is broken. I doubt theres anything wrong with the engine.

Similarly, the engine ECU communicates with the diag socket VIA the cluster, so again, if the cluster is dead you'll get no diag.

Check the fuses for the cluster.

There was a set of clocks from a tqs on ebay the other week.

Seeing the dash is dead, i would say it's a fuse or similar, as your immo is in the dash, no power=non runner

Siezed turbo = lack of oil pressure normaly due to sludge BTW

Cheers guys. First port of call was fuses but they're all ok. New clocks it is then... :-( Or are they fixable?