Car reversed into my drivers door

griswold

Reaction score
Last week some woman yes woman with all the road space in the world decided to reverse into me.
Its taken me a week to calm down. At least she knocked the door to tell me.

Guy from repair centre waste of time said if more than £500 probably write car off?
told him its a quattro sport and holds a bit more value than a standard a4 he said had i declared my mods? looking at my white dials and wheels i told him no mods(oops) just standard audi trim for that model
He probably thought my car was a P reg as i have a private plate and was older.

Took car to Cardiff AUDI got a quote from them £960 and ins company have accepted that as reasonable
and are sending me a cheque for £960 thank you.
Bought a black door of ebay £50 maybe lucky with colour but can have it sprayed and my front bumper which needs a touch up due to stone chips.

Trying to understand point of the thread mate or just ranting, cause from where I'm standing you got 1k for something thats gonna cost you not even half that lol, result yes?

Think i'm intitled to a rant?
But during my rant i forgot to ask about fitting the window part to the door lol
told it is riveted in but being schooled in the jeremy clarkson school of diy/mechanics "how hard can it be?"
Got a friend who can do it but i'm tempted to have a go?
any tips?
Thanks

TBH mate, given you walked away with 1k for a job thats what half that even if, do you really feel it needs a rant lmfao.

LMFAO always the way, come on here get diverted from what you were going to ask/do lol

Which part, the glass holder/internal frame or top half of door, cause I know on some the top half is bolted in place, not sure B5 was complete or half/half.

definately half and half
door coming without top half so will have to remove mine to fit the new one
but dont want to get halfway through and get stuck
Hoping someone on here would have some tips on alignment etc
etka shows rivets not bolts
common sense says let mate do it but i'm all out of that

Well some fairly B5 knowledgable guys should be on later, but sure if its riveted you can get rivets from audi for 1, 2nd riveter of ebay for tenner.

Common sense doesnt always teach us anything though does it :)

I always research 1st, so have a nosey on here & other forums info, sure something will have been written up mate, others should be on after after work hours :)

Sounds like you done well :)

No idea on the door frame, plenty of folk change the rear ones though when fitting avant doors to saloons etc and i've never heard of it being a huge problem.

I bought a saloon door to fit a saloon just have to swap trim and glass window regulator over the doors are 2 piece

yeh thats what i mean. Plenty folk swap the saloon rear window frame etc onto avant doors etc so it cant be tooo difficult.

where did you get door? i need a rear passenger side in black after mrs scraped mine

3 bolts hold door to hinges, 4 bolts hold window frame to door all t45 torx iirc (its the mechanicals that are riveted to frame so no need to touch them) youll also find little metal wedges between frame and door make a note of where there fitted as these are used for alignment

the harness all plugs in low down in footwell so easiest thing is to do is pull it all from inside door and let it hang out of the way, then remove frame then door
refit new door and align then refit frame, it will probably take a few tries to get it aligned perfectly

ha ha, not sure why your ranting tidy profit youve made there, and most people wouldnt stop

thanks olds kool that's great info
got my door of pa1mers on ebay but only drivers side in black
hopefully my door will be del by Fri so will give it a go

Last edited: