Inlet removal problems

tdia4

TDIPOWARRR
Reaction score
Wanting to remove my Inlet manifold to clean it out, 5 out of the 6 Hex headed bolts will come out perfect but on one of them the head is completely threaded and it is practically a circle instead of a Hex shape, so whats the best way of getting this ****** out?

try hammering in a larger hex or spline bit,and then undo the bolt

hth
tony

Cheers, will give it ago but not sure one will go in.

It's all pretty tight in that area so not sure if I would want to go drilling really, found some bolt remover things on ebay but there are so many different types so not sure which ones I need.

if it's a bolt type head,try hammering on a slightly smaller socket,then undo,or as you have said,try a bolt extractor.

tony

Best bet is to get a spine into it, if a 12 point socket over the top of it, try to heat it up if poss

Big hammer,imperial allen key just bigger than socket and give it's good wack.

Cheers for all the suggestions guys, tried banging in a imperial allen key but with no luck, get it in pretty far and it seems to be held pretty tight but as soon as I try to undo the bolt it just spins out.

torx or spline can sometimes work better as they "dig in" rather than just sort of smushing into the hole.

Can you get a welder into it? if you can you could weld a bolt into the hole.

torx or spline can sometimes work better as they "dig in" rather than just sort of smushing into the hole.

Can you get a welder into it? if you can you could weld a bolt into the hole.

Bit tight for a welder really, I'll try Torx bit next time I try get it off, think my dad may have some splines as well so when i'm next at the parents i'll give it a go.

Try cut a straight grove with hacksaw blade to fit a big flat screwdriver head into it?