How do you change the passenger side indicator bulb?

J

jonnycraig

Mornin guys,

Prob just me having big hands lol but how do I change the passengerside indicator bulb, I cant get in enough to twist the holder out. I dont fancy taking anything apart just for a bulb or to pay some spotty teen in Halfrauds £5 to do it haha!!

Thanks

J

If your pre-facelift just pop the indicator out, all you have to do is push a little lever type thing down and the indicator unit will slide out.

If post-facelift (one piece lamps) its easy to take the lamp out. 3x TX40 bolts....

Cheers guys my car is a pre-face lift from 96 with one piece headlights separate indicator did look for a tab to try and get indicator out (if someone could post a pic would be awesome) so may just resort to taking it apart got a 350mile trip on friday and dont fancy doin it with the bulb out and the extra speedy indicator flash!!

J

Here you go... took this when I first had the same problem! You can see a little phillips plastic screw head. You need to turn that 90 degrees, then push down. The whole indicator will slide directly forwards. When you're all done and slot the indicator back into place, remember to turn the little screw thing again or it can fall off.

IndicatorReleaseClip.jpg

Fantastic help guys, ill get it out one way or another!!

J

Cheers guys again, right, pry bar applied and bent the wing outta the way :jump: easy access lol!!

Ill have to have another proper look as I cant seem to find either a tab or the twisty 90degree thingy down the whole...more investigations required!

J