Audi A4 1.9tdi EGR blanked and Inlet Cleaned

craigg9700

Reaction score
After reading on the forums i decided to blank my EGR valve off.

Glad i did , You should have seen the state of my Inlet manifold. The Thing was choked up with oily carbon sh**e.

ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting

To clean the manifold I used a blow torch down each hole(smoked the estate out lol). After i did this i also jetted water down each port with a power washer . ( you should have seen the crap that was built up in there it was unreal !!!!)

To me the car seems to be pulling alot better now , i have also noticed a nice whistle as the turbo is spooling.

Peace at mind now that all sh*te wont be going back into my engine ever again. :)

It really is quite unbelievable how these things even run with the amount of crud that builds up aand restricts the inlet.

Nasty job cleaning It out though....

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

****** is mate , Girlfriend had a fit when she saw all the crud all over the drive way , not to mension the carpit in the hall lol.

at least mi inlets clean though haha :)

How much work was there in getting it all apart and is there a gasket between the inlet manafold and the block then needs replacing after?

Thanks

J

I cleaned my inlet out today , took 2-3 hrs off and back on. pull off the snorkell and the air scope off the airbox to make a bit of room and get a few allen keys , take off the egr pipes at the turbo and the manifold and the rest come off easy, A new gasket was a few pounds from gsf , found a few loose boost pipes whilst i was at it. Can hear the turbo spooling up more at low revs now

need to get mine done but one of the bolt heads has rounded so going to have to get it extracted somehow.