EM TuningAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Alarm Problem..

  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    186

    Alarm Problem..

    My hazards come on and flash at random no Siren just the Hazards..

    I think I have heard something similar before on here but cannot remember what it is.

    I have not got Vagcom so cannot see what's Triggering it off..

    But it will drain the Battery if left a few days without driving it and Alarmed..
    Last edited by THE MONSTER; 13th May 2011 at 21:04.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Arrkon's Avatar
    Midlands regional Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Coventry, West Midlands
    Posts
    1,646
    Where are you? someone with VC may be local and would scan your car for a few beer tokens...

    Try arming the alarm, AFTER pressing the button on the drivers B pillar: (ie: press the button, the LED next to the door pin will light. then get out and lock) if the alarm still goes off, you've just determined its not the interior scan...

    A duff backup sounder is a common cause of this though, yep i have the same problem thus i have removed it (its in the boot somewhere depending whether its an avant or saloon).

    Hope this helps a bit....
    Currently rolling in a SKODA!!!

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Rconn View Post
    Where are you? someone with VC may be local and would scan your car for a few beer tokens...

    Try arming the alarm, AFTER pressing the button on the drivers B pillar: (ie: press the button, the LED next to the door pin will light. then get out and lock) if the alarm still goes off, you've just determined its not the interior scan...

    A duff backup sounder is a common cause of this though, yep i have the same problem thus i have removed it (its in the boot somewhere depending whether its an avant or saloon).

    Hope this helps a bit....
    I did fail to mention that the Alarm works when you set it off both Siren and Hazards so it's just the Hazzrads that come on when the car is standing still on the drive and then if left a day or two will run the battery down..

    I found this out when I just happened to notice the hazards going off once when it was dark and you could see the flashing they are on for ages then they go off...

  5. #4
    Arrkon's Avatar
    Midlands regional Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Coventry, West Midlands
    Posts
    1,646
    I think the best course of action would be to scan the car with VC to see whats going... the other thing (other than alarm) that causes the indicators to flash with no siren is a crash signal from the airbag controller, so may be worth scanning that too...
    Currently rolling in a SKODA!!!

  6. #5
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Rconn View Post
    I think the best course of action would be to scan the car with VC to see whats going... the other thing (other than alarm) that causes the indicators to flash with no siren is a crash signal from the airbag controller, so may be worth scanning that too...
    There is a possibility that the bonnet sensor on the front maybe a bit dodgy it was flopping all over the place at one time but I managed to steady it..

    But should the Siren come on has well if that was to blame not just the Flashers..

  7. #6
    dest's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    195
    Give us a clue where you are, someone local might have vagcom
    Avus B5 RS4
    Gutted downpipes, non-res Milltek, custom MRC remap, H&R ARB's, B7 RS4 brakes, oil cooler, Tanoga short shift

  8. #7
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by dest View Post
    Give us a clue where you are, someone local might have vagcom
    I'm in the Midlands Leicestershire..

  9. #8
    Arrkon's Avatar
    Midlands regional Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Coventry, West Midlands
    Posts
    1,646
    Did you get to the bottom of this? I now have a full working vagcom if its of any help? (only if the car is a B5 A4 or a 8L A3 as the lead does not do CANbus)
    Currently rolling in a SKODA!!!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO