CHOP!!

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Off to topgear motorsport tomoz to get the cats and centre box chopped out of my Miltek system on my 2.8 v6 30v. Having the cars gone should release a couple of BHP or throttle response, and give me a bit mOre noise too. Milltek system is ok but a bit weak (it's resonated) on the sound level. Not much difference to the standard zorst. We're doing the cats first to see how it sounds (chopped off replaced with straight pipe-****** to Mot time! Lol!), then might be chopping the centre box out if I want a bit more noise! Not a bad price either.

Need to post before and after vids!

Was a 2.8Q in morrisons car park the other week and it sounded pretty nommy.

Reading on Audizine the 2.8`s are a bit funny when it comes to exhausts. People have put in decats, reported big losses in torque so put them back in. Also going too big on the bore on the rest of the system does the same thing.

Will sound pretty epic though regardless.

Please don't be Top Gear in ******. They trashed my old system with a lousy half **** job, wrecked the flexing joint then told me they would charge me to rectify their mess. I wouldn't let that bunch of idiots change a set of dust caps.

If it's another Top Gear then none of the above applies.

Last edited:
Job done! I used the topgear guys over in Aylesbury. Lads are a bit 30+ chav like but can't complain as it was a good job! Throttle response is ever so slightly better now and the car is a tiny bit faster (trust me I know I've had the thing for two years now!). The car is considerably louder but not so that it sounds like a ****** rude boys nova (if they even exist now!lol!). It does however turn heads now. Might sell up soon anyway for an audi diesel v8 (the one that topgear took to Glasgow to London on one tank!), but for the meantime it's still a fun car! Will post up pics with the new bbd lm's and alpine system up soon.

Ollie

Topgear Aylesbury arent too bad indeed, used them a few times. The main guy is pretty much as you described. Middled aged chav type but he`s alright lol and the old guy that makes the exhausts is alright too. Always did a pretty good job on my cars so i`d recommend.

Yeah agreed, know what they are doing and no complaints from me! Got a large pop pop bang! From my car yesterday night and the tunnel I was driving through lit up. Oh dear (but pretty cool) think she must be running a little rich!