B5 Towbar needed urgently

volvo1980

Reaction score
I'm in need of a A4 b5 towbar sharpish, either a swan neck or detachable one. Going camping next month so need it for the trailer!
I know this should be in the wanted section but just wanted to give you b5 owners a nudge.

I bough a Westfalia from 'towbarman01' on eBay, fitted last year, MUCH cheaper than anywhere else, everything you need, all you need is someone to fit it. This depends on available funds of course, but he will have the bar to you in a day, you will get 13pin electrics on that bar only, you will need to get the 13 pin to 2x7 pin adapter, it is a lead around 12" long, you will also need split charge relay, and indicator relay/beeper thing. There is a Westfalia adapter available, takes the 13 pin down to a single outlet 7pin for towing a trailer as opposed to a caravan, it is about 2" long, and simply changes the socket available, plugs into the 13 pin.

yeah cheers for the advice, if nothing second hand turns up i will have to buy a new one!

Ive two here but im in Belfast so the postage probably will be a killer!!

I think they're both the detactable type iirc, I'll try to pm you a pic tomorrow.

Well I have got a detachable towbar off eBay for my 2001 avant but I am just after a but of wiring advice, does anybody have a wiring diagram for single electrics and do I need a bypass relay?