Front passenger won't lock!!!

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello gents. Hope alls well in the ASN camp. Been off halfway across the hula once again, thus my lack of presence around here.....

My front passenger door will not lock (the stalk tries to go down but stops), with or without the key in the barrel of that door or not! I've had the doorcard off and there isn't any restrictions I can see?! The stalk tries to go down then just pops up again. I can't even lock it from inside the car with the doors closed! There's something stopping it going down but have had a look and it all seems fine! It's central locking. A ****** pain! Any ideas/has anyone else had this prob? For those who don't know it's a 1998.5 pre facelift 2.8 30v quattro avant.

Cheers guys (and gals now?)....

Ollie

I was going to suggest a vacuum leak, but if you cant even push the pin down or lock it with the key it must be a problem with the latch itself?

Hello mate. I've had a look and everything seems to LOOK ok. Think the lock mech on that door might need replacing. Was just seeing if anyone had had this prob to give me some advice.