96 1.8 T - does it have sports suspension?

I

imported_bpascua

Hello,

I have a satanic creak coming from my front driverside spring of my a4 1.8T. I have 2 questions...

1. Will my car have sports springs or the regular ones? how can I tell...
2. Do I need to replace both springs at once?

Thanks

Brian

If your car is a 1.8T rather than a 1.8T Sport then you will have standard springs. Springs should always be replaced in pairs but best of all replace all 4. The creak you hear may not be your springs it may well be from a front suspension arm which are prone to wear. If you go into your local Audi dealer they should be able to carry out a check for free and confirm either way.

have a look at the sticker in the spare wheel well, if it has code 1BA then its standard suspention, if it has 1BE then it has the sport suspention. if it is different too that it has heavy duty running gear. suspention (for the police i would imagine)

OK - it looks like I am 1BE - any ideas where I can get a pair of sports springs from?

Cheers

Brian

always replace both springs at the same time, Try welsdragon, i think he is selling an OEM set of sport springs. The creaking could well be due to worn arms though, as Mr kebab says above, get it checked matey

I have some sports springs for sale they came off my 96 1.8T Sport. PM if interested.