Rejuvenated

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I got my 2.8Q back on Friday after two days of TLC at the hands of my local independent. It's had the annual inspection service, MOT, a new cambelt (with the appropriate tensioners etc) and new water pump. Whilst the front bumper was off to get access to the cambelt, I got them to respray it. They also picked up & fixed a broken exhaust mount, just by the rear diff. The total bill came to £740, broken down as follows:

Cambelt: £330
Water pump £58
Service £140
MOT £37
Exhaust mount £12
Bumper respray £163

To say I'm delighted is an understatement. My local Audi dealer wanted £680 just to do the cambelt alone. The work was top-notch (the colour match on the bumper was perfect), and the people are great to deal with. If any of you out there are in the SE London, North Kent area, & don't fancy paying dealer prices, go to Sanspeed in Bexleyheath.

http://www.sanspeed.co.uk/index2.htm#map.htm

To cap off a great weekend for the car, on Sunday, I treated all the leather with Liquid Leather cleaner and conditioner, and used one of their Scuff Master colour dyes to repair all the scratch marks on the driver's seat. I cannot praise this product too highly. The horrible shiny smooth feel has gone, the leather just feels like brand new, and the Scuff Master has hidden the scratches completely. They just look like normal creases now. The whole kit cost £25

All in all, the car looks & feels totally rejuventated. I might have spent £765 on it but I reckon I've added about a grand to its value.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dealer £384.79p
but thats in glasgow!

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer's labour charges here in Lonodn & Kent are scary. How does £90 per hour plus VAT sound? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yep typical we live in London so pay over the odds on everything...everyone has there hands out all the time! Makes me sick.