BRAKES

macca666

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm still needing new brakes for the car and still considering OEM or upgrade ?

Found a web site

www.3gbrakes.co.uk

and E-mailed them for prices which they've given me below. They are inclusive of VAT. Has anyone heard of them and are these good prices.

Have tried GSF who are about £42+Vat for FR Discs. £35+Vat for pads but they don't offer the rear discs and tell me I'll need to go to the dealer for them.

Don't really know if I'm better going OEM or trying 3G.

Being a bit of a modifying virgin I'm looking for any advice you can offer.

Cheers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Front Discs (per pair)
Style 10GR (Ten Groove) - £114. RS10 (Ten Groove & Dimple) - £129. 20GR (Twenty Groove) - £139

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Front Pads
EBC Redstuff Ceramic £72
Mintex 1144 £67

Rear Discs (per pair)
Style 10GR (Ten Groove)-£109. RS10 (Ten Groove & Dimple)- £124. 20GR (Twenty Groove)-£134.

Rear Pads
EBC Greenstuff £33
Mintex 1144 £45

** We can offer a 10% Discount off Total price if Full setup is purchased **

get the TT cariers and the 312mm discs (standard ones from gsf)

All you need is the TT carriers and you can upgrade to 312mm discs using your standard callipers. Carriers are pretty expensive though so best to try and source some secondhand.

yep straight on. shouldnt take more than 1/2 hour too do the lot.

my brakes are poo and prob need to change them.
how much actually are the carriers, are these just the adaptor between the hub and disks?
How much better would the braking be over brand new standard brakes?

Thanks!

i got my carriers for £80 second hand, although you could probably get them cheaper than that.
high speed braking will be much improved due too the larger disc size. (note this upgrade is only available if you have the ATE calipers, ie the 288mm x 25mm vented discs already). if you have a n/a 1.6/1.8 then i think you only have solid discs anyway.

macca - I got my rear discs from GSF. They are standard, so i'd double check that. Maybe they stock different parts in different depot's but i can't see that to be honest???

[ QUOTE ]
. (note this upgrade is only available if you have the ATE calipers, ie the 288mm x 25mm vented discs already). if you have a n/a 1.6/1.8 then i think you only have solid discs anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kris

how different are the n/a 1.8 from 1.8 turbo brakes? eg could you fit the ATE callipers and vented discs from a turbo onto a non-turbo? What would you need- simple as getting the callipers?

Im asking as im intending to fit Boxter callipers with 312 a6 discs and the Calliper brackets are made for the 1.8turbo, would I be right in thinking the actual arms the brakes bolt onto are still the same and thus I wont have a problem?

too be honest i dont know exactly, i know the 1.8 n/a up my road has solid front discs though. would be better off asking audi or someone in the know.