Bit more power from a TDI 90

GhostWKD

Reaction score
Hi all,

New on here but got recommended the forum by a mate. Got a facelift B5 TDI (90) Daily driver, pretty standard with coilovers and some 17's on it at the moment.

As its a cheap daily driver doing lots of miles dont really want to get too carried away with chasing more power (Have an R32 Skyline GTR for that) but would like to give it a bit more poke when getting up to speed as to be honest its a pain in the backside at the moment and couldnt pull the skin off custard. It currently makes my old Bora TDI (110) look like it was on steroids or something.

Had a look around and think the quickest and cheapest way to add a bit of poke is going to be some larger injectors, which I believe can be done without a remap?

Looked at tuning boxes etc too but if injectors covers what I need then am much happier doing that than maxing out the ones that are in there at the moment.

Just wondered if anyone on here had some first hand experience of fitting larger injectors to the 90bhp TDI at all (thinking either .205's from a 110 or .216's from a transporter) as really dont want to be spending loads of time trying all sorts of different things on the A4 when the Skyline needs time spending on it too.

Cheers,
Alex

Just get a cheap re-map for it, i've got the 110 model and got it chipped by elite remaps, its a chips out the ecu jobby and put the new flashed ones in, cost me £170 because me and a mate had them done at the same time, cars alot better now.

To be honest was only looking to spend around £50 on it really, £100 tops - only paid £1100 for the A4 and my Skyline needs money spending on it currently too :(

Can you pick up chips remapped by reputable places cheaply from anywhere? Quite happy playing with it all myself, just dont want to throw in a generic chip off ebay that'll break stuff really heh