looking for ideas *** pic heavy***

dann1701

Reaction score
hi all. im dan, i have owned my audi for a few years and thought id join as id love to meet other owners and always looking for new ideas.

i live in the macclesfield area and hope to make it to a meet to say hi at some time

the car is a 1997 a4 b5, 2.8 v6 30 valve in paradise green

a few of my mods to date...

rs4 seats, and door cards
rs 4 roof bars
rs4 mirrors
rs4 front grill
H&R adjustable anti roll bars
AP Coilovers with full adjust.
FullY Pollybushed
sports stearing wheel
Passat 4 motion gearbox
Lpg install with multi-point injection
k&n air filter
Full stainless exhaust
19" a8 style wheels
braided brake lines
alpine motorised media hub head unit
alpine bluetooth box
alpine sat nav box
alpine digital tv box
alpine screens in rear headrests
playstation 3
reversing camera.
jenhert door builds in front powered by a JL HD 600/4
JL rear door speakers powered by a JL XD 400/4
JL 10w7 in a stealth box replacing the standard audi sub powered by a JL HD 750/1
enough dynamat to sink a small boat
Full clifford alarm with intelistart, tracker, anti hijack, and page phone system
tinted rear screens
facelift headlights
hid lights
deitrich body kit, front bumper rear bumper, skirts spoiler

always looking for my next modification fix and running out of ideas,
i have a full door blade kit on order
thinking fk rear led tail lights, but after that i'm stumped
thats it for now but i hope you can all help me with ideas to come,

pics below

DSCF0233.jpg

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0235.jpg

DSCF0236.jpg

DSCF0237.jpg

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0239.jpg

DSCF0240.jpg

DSCF0241.jpg

DSCF0242.jpg

DSCF0244.jpg

DSCF0243.jpg

DSCF0245.jpg

DSCF0247.jpg

DSCF0246.jpg

DSCF0248.jpg

I would take off the RS4 badge and the rear audi rings, then maybe some legal pressed plates? De-chrome front grill surround? Lamin-x tint the headlights slightly?

trouble is the badges were stuck om by previous owner with epoxy :( and front grill is a genuine rs4 so not exactly chrome more like a brushed effect?

plates a good idea though gonna have a look online and not sure if hid would melt tint?

That looks nice mate!! Problem is though that we need some before pictures to see the transformation. Have you got any?

As for ideas, i'd also think pressed plates. Or, if not pressed plates just regular clean plates with none of that blue GB band down the side. I'm not keen on them.

Really nice car though. I have often considered a B5 instead of my B6.

how would i go about facelift dash as dont have air con? did the facelift dash ever come with a non aircon (eg manual) option??

The badges need to go.

I also dont like the effect of the color coded skirt fitted below the black rubber sill piece.

Hightech is nommy!

how would i go about facelift dash as dont have air con? did the facelift dash ever come with a non aircon (eg manual) option??

I considered converting the car to AC so i could do that. Some facelifts do have manual controls, but not many.

have you looked in to whats involved with an aircon convert? also i am now seriously looking at rear electric windows aftrer seeing your guide

unfort i had every build picture from every mod on my old laptop, but was burgled in sep and they nicked it :(

Remove the rear wiper and rs4 badge.Facelift rain tray to hide the extra cables next to the battery.Maybe some different wheels? A8's are done to death.
Not a fan of the body kit but looks great on the whole.
Why the passat gearbox?

Ps What's the et and width of your wheels and what tyre size are you using?

Last edited:
Nice!!!!!

Only thing if you like how it looks as now, i'd look at colour coding the door strips in the same colour so all match. Other than that it looks good mate. Any more info on the audio???? Thats a lot of front end going on, whats happening elsewhere???

the passat gearbox was due to the noise of death coming from first gear in the original box, all i had to do was swap the flanges over on boxes, have ended up with a much smoother ride as well, and i'd argue its now a touch quicker, the wheels are a 35 offset and i will dig out size when i go outside, like i say trouble is the badges are epoxyed on, so gonna have to wait till spray man can respray the boot, although am debating the door blades being sprayed.

in refrence to audio, i was trying to make it look stock when you look in, thus the jenherts and jl speakers in the rear doors, the plan is to get jenherts in the rear doors but cant until i sort rear electric window conversion, have all the switches etc just need the frames and someone who knows what they doing lol.

wheels, i know the a8 are done to dath, i did have a set of 19"rs4 wheels on but they looked awfull, i'm debating mine redone in a smoked athrocite effect, to make it stand out from the crowd. :)

was gutted when i missed that one on ebay that another forum member has bought :( sob sob :(

If it was mine Id change the wheels, and the skirts to normal S4 items.
If you really want a challenge, do a wide body RS4 arch conversion, or stick an S4 engine in it.

Remember one thing though, know when to stop ;)

like the speaker door installs, what about putting in facelift heater vents they light up on the round slider thingy. the face console is very rare with manual controls only recall seeing one, you never know keep a look out. also dont like the bodykit

what about the Audi badges under the indicators someone on here has done something to them.
taking of plates how about a private plate?
armrest?

how much is the car lowered?

gen rs4 bumper grils and fogs s4 skirts and blades and rear bumper or modded rs4 rear bumper and some how de badge

i reckon get the black audi rings on the back and yh lose the rs4 one. im actually planing to do the facelift dash on mine soon can post pictures once i get all the bits and pieces if you wanna see how it goes lol

oh one more thing cupra r spliiter makes the world of differnce on mine:)

well busy weekend,

just bought a 99 plate s4 avant in nagaro ble,
so the plan,

s4 conversion,
rear electric windows
facelift dash,
aircon
black carpet
s4 blades
strip as much out the s4 as i can and put in mine

then june im booked in for a respray.. same colour but i will be able to debadge,
am looking at audi rings in carbon fibre,
and just ordered a rs4 rear bumper

all exciting!!!

With all due respect to your car, just get in the S4 and drive it!
Its a nicer colour and a genuine S4

yep i agree, which is why i asked whats wrong with it!

If its totalled then fair enough, but otherwise its pointless doing anything other than keeping the S4.

Especially as your talking about respraying the old car.

the s4 is perfectly fine, however, mines got all the mods, suspension, lpg, sound install etc etc etc and easier to make something out of mine than transfer in to the s4, plus i like the green and not too keen on the negaro blue

The sound install and suspension would take you a day to transfer over.

Your repainting the old car anyway, so the cost of respraying the S4 a new color is moot, and swapping the bodykit onto it at the same time if you so choose will cost minimal amounts.

Unless your planning on keeping the 2.8 engine, transferring the S4 lump over is a huge job, especially on an early car like yours, and the LPG kit you have isnt going to work on the S4 engine without lots of messing and the potential to melt holes in the engine.

The S4 shell is also stronger, with additional stiffening that your old car wont have.

What your effectively going to end up doing is stripping both cars near enough to a bare shell, and then rebuild it all into the older inferior car. The end result will be worth a lot less than a real S4, cost more to insure, etc.

Keeping the S4 is a no brainer, I dont want to appear to be rubbishing your car/work, but I bet you wont find a single person that agrees with breaking the S4 to add more to the green one

well decided to ignore all the ideas to keep the s4 and intend to start cutting it up tomorrow, :)

expect pics and lots for sale

Certified insane lol but in that case, does the S4 have a double din headunit?
Id be after all the bits if so!

lol not insane, taking modding to the next level, the bits im stealing,

engine
box
loom
ecu
rear dif
facelift dash
interior carpet
carbon door trims

everything else avalable (except radio.. as wasnt fitted with one)

Im after a really cheap set to use while mine are refurbed, could be interested depending on price

you do realise your going to have to pull the whole interior out of your car to fit the entire wiring harness from the S4...

Its completely retarded.

Fair play mate. If you got a plan you got a plan. To hell with other opinions. It's your project! The S4 you bought is it an Avant?

Last edited:
Its more than just an opinion.

If your having to strip both cars to a bare shell, why fit all the parts back onto the inferior car...

It defys any sort of logic.

If the S4 was bent or smashed in then its a great idea, but to effectively reshell it into another car when theres nothing wrong with it is bonkers. More or less every single modified part on the old car is going to have to be removed anyway to fit the parts from the S4, and fitting the mods the old car has to the S4 is pretty trivial, compared with replacing nearly every mechanical part underneath the car, gutting the interior to change the harness, retrofitting AC, etc etc.

I'm not against modifying cars, hell i'm shoehorning an Audi V8 into a Landrover, but to buy an S4, dismantle it, and install nearly all of it into another B5 shell and effectively end up with exactly what you baught right at the start, albeit in a weaker older shell is just totally pointless.

Ofcourse maybe there is a reason for this mentalness, like the S4 is hot.

:blink:

As above, it defies ALL logic.
Even if the S4 was 100% standard it will be a better looking and performing car than the green one.

You have a modified green A4, which in my eyes has been taken to its limit, if you keep modding it its just going to start to look stupid. Know when to stop ;)
You then took a step up the ladder and progressed to what is a better car and got an S4.
Now you want to take 2 steps back and strip it to put it all into an older and less good looking one?!

why dont you just sell the green one mate and get some power in the S4, why anyone would want to strip a good working order S4 is beyond me. all to their own i suppose

p.s how much did the S4 cost you mate?