Oil running too cold?

pipewerkz

Reaction score
This has been going on for a couple of days. My check engine light is on and the car seems to be running a little more ruff, but it might be just my imagination.. I don't have a VAGCOM so I can't read the codes myself. I am taking it to a shop this weekend to get a scan done. How much does this usually run?

The reason I am posting here first is to see if anyone has any ideas off hand what might be up. Coolant temp sometimes dips below the middle mark and oil is running very cold. Here is a pic of the oil after my 35min ride home from work driving at about 60-75 mph. Temp outside is about 12 degrees F. Any ideas?

Yeah, I would say what he said too ^^^^

Other than that, let us know what the scan finds. Usually you can take it to Kragen, Autozone, Checker, Napa, etc. and they will do it no charge. Let us know what the code is and that'll give more information.

my oil temp hasnt been going up atall since it has been freezing here in the uk. and thats after driving at 80 ish for quite a while.

Thats pretty much the same story with me. It was running higher when it was warmer and wasn't moving at all. Now that its so cold, it runs cooler. Is it possible its just because of the air temp?